27 years old and still like new (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This past weekend i replaced my original 27 year old radiator with a factory new one. While i was doing this job i replaced my 27 year old heater control valve too. I'm really surprised to report that my old heater control valve still looks, and functions like new.
IMG_0363[1].JPG
IMG_0369[1].JPG
IMG_0366[1].JPG

Interesting; wonder how the heat control valve survived for so long, maybe a change in the plastic type after your model?? The original valve on my 96 model burst well over 10 years ago, but still running the original radiator (albeit with a cracked/patched top tank).

Great work. I just pulled my 25 year old heater valve and radiator. The plastic top on the radiator was almost white and the heater value wasn't far off. Definitely worth the effort and piece of mind.

This past weekend i replaced my original 27 year old radiator with a factory new one. While i was doing this job i replaced my 27 year old heater control valve too. I'm really surprised to report that my old heater control valve still looks, and functions like new.

What makes you think that the HCV is 27 years old? Are you the original owner?

Replaced mine ( 97 LX )when new engine went in in Sept 2020 at 209k with the last 100k supercharged on the original head gasket. Valve looked fine but replaced “just because”. Original radiator replaced 3 yrs ago because upper tank took on the slight greenish color. Both original.

Great work. I just pulled my 25 year old heater valve and radiator. The plastic top on the radiator was almost white and the heater value wasn't far off. Definitely worth the effort and piece of mind.

Just replaced mine last year. It still worked fine, looked fine (externally) but when I pulled the hoses on it...the plastic there was definitely getting brittle. Still....it never burst or leaked for 23 years/316K miles. I feel better having a new one in place.

Heater Valve Brittle.jpg

Heater Valve New.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom