27-29 cinder run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sledge916

Media Partner
Threads
Website
www.adventuredriven.com
August 27-29 cinder run

Hello all

Just a formal invite to all cruisers, the azlca is having a run in the cinders and you all are invited, I am trip leader on this one.

Please have your trucks brakes working good, not to much power in the rear, not good for steep long down hills.

Anyway here are the directions.

I asume that all will be coming from 17 northbound ???

from 17 take 40 east, then get off at country club exit, go left, then turn R on 89a N. that drops you off in front of the Mall, we only have 1.

Keep going on 89a N. , you will see a conoco gas station on right, just past the station is Townsen Winona rd. At that intersection reset your trip meter to 0 .

Keep going N on 89a,
@ 2 miles you will pass Silver Saddle intersection, keep going N= straight.

@ 3 miles you will turn R on Cinder lake land fill, paved rd. there is a white sign right before the turn that says Cinder lake land fill.
Rd is VERY curvy, drive with care.

@ 4.5 you will be turning R on a dirt rd, once turned in you can go R or L, you will turn R on forrest rd #9128G.

@ 4.9 you will come to a 4 way intersection, you will turn left, there are a couple of roads that run right next to each other, but just take the very first L. keep going straight on this pipeline rd. a ways up you will notice a power meter on your left, about window high, don't ask me I don't know what it is for. don't turn off keep going straight, you will start going up a fairly steep hill,

@ 6.8 you should be on top of the hill, keep going straight.

@ 7.8 you are there, you will see flags on each side of the rd, have not bought them yet but they will stand out real good, you are to turn L real sharp between some bushes, wagons might have to do a 3 point turn, any way turn left, you are in the black cinders, keep going straight ahead about 150 yards you will see every one there, we are the only group so just look for some bitchen landcruisers,

Welcome and prepare to have some fun.

If anyone is haveing trouble with these direction please call 928-600-6768, that is my cell and I will have service @ the campsite, my name is Seth

Last edited:
awsome i will be there,,, also for anyone who hasnt seen the update on the pig run it will be held at this locale with the "little" cruisers :)

Have fun but be careful!

Two people in my club lost their lives there on $100 Hill a few weekends ago. The driver was experienced on the rocks but was a complete novice at the Cinders.

Funny, My annual Jerome trip will be the weekend of Sept 10th-12th. VW Jamboree. My one weekend a year for really tying one on. What is it about Jerome?

We look forward to doing these slopes. We'll see if the 100 has the power to climb the hills. :D

Concerned about a few though. Don't want to die. I hope $100 hill isn't part of it? :eek:

don't worry, 100 bucker is not on the list, way too dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!
everyone is freeked out over this, I know why too, a bad thing happened out there, some Jeep dude and his son died out there,

1 he was on a hill he should not of been on, for quads and rails only
2 he had NO cinder experance at all

Good thing here is that I do not want to die either, so lets not, I will keep the trip safe and mucho fun.

I can hardly wait to see that 100 go up these hills, I would love to have 1 someday.

Seth

hey seth my wife and kids will be comming out sat. afternoon, can she drive her camry out to the camping area? or should she park it and i meet her.

was thinking about stoping by fri around 6 ish whats going on fri night? just camping out or maybe a run? also how many people are going? and how hard is this i have a lx450 thats lifted 2.5 no lockers andnot very aggresive tires nor do i have a way to air down so im semi concerned about the cinders.

thanks mike

I can help you air down, I live close so airing back up is easy, and we have had allot of rain so this is the best the cinders have been in a year, right now! I think you should be ok, some of the things may be a little tough, but I had a stock JXXP cherokee up the hard stuff last Sun. he was helping me trim trails, yes I went out and worked my butt of for you guys that do not want to scratch your pretty rigs, chain saw in hand.

Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom