255/85R16 ST Maxx photos-80series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried searching so forgive me if there is a definitive thread someplace that I missed. Would you post photos of your 80 with OME 2.5" or J's and 255/85R16 St Maxx or other well reviewed tires that size? If you like them, cool. If you don't like them (from actual personal experience) then explain why. I have read that some prefer the 285's due to their availability. I have read here and there that there are handling issues but others say that isn't quite accurate from their experience.

Please post photos and impressions. Again, forgive me if this topic has been covered previous to now. If so, please post a link to it.

I have some in the 315 variety. Honestly one of the best tires I've run. Seem to wear like iron and are quiet on the highway for what they are. Great middle ground tire between highway screamin' boggers and light duty A/T's.

I’m also running the ST Maxx but in a different size, 37’s. Great tire. Been a solid tire in rock, sand, snow, and ice. Got 70k out of my last set doing 5 tire rotations. Highly recommend for a versatile tire choice.

Please post photos and impressions.

First hand impression: 255's are a great ratio in ALL conditions. This was experienced with Toyo MT's (Load E) compared to wider ratios (285 & 315) used in the past.

You can't go wrong with either - anything around 11.5" width and below IMHO is ideal for long distance in all conditions, especially with a gasser.

Another point - 285's will allow you to keep your flares. 255's look stupid AF with flares.

Lots of pictures of our flareless 81 with 255's here: faroutoverland.com

here you go......255 85 16 st maxx. been really happy with its all around performance.

Probably my next tires, or 35"s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom