255/85r16 on FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

32x9.5 super swampers
Vs
255/85 maxxis bighorn

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

This is the setup I'm running. 255/85R16 Toyo MT's on 16x6 70 series steel wheels with an OME lift. The backspacing on the 70 series wheels is perfect for the 60, and they even look similar to stock 60 series wheels.

Edit: they are 16x6

This pick I'm loaded heavy for a recent road trip:

i-DBLTqzj-L.jpg

i-ZJv3jCP-L.jpg

Sweet setup! Are you still on the Toyo MT's? Long term review or experiences?

P

Sweet setup! Are you still on the Toyo MT's? Long term review or experiences?

P

The question is not adress to me but I'll answer it since I'm, too, running Toyo MT 255/85R16 on my 60.

These are awsome tire but I found it worn faster than I thought. My rig is very close to 3000kg and this make me think the narrow tire get more weight and worn faster.

Can't report */32 VS Kilometer since my Cruiser is store (away) for the winter.

IMG_0414.JPG

David, your post is not clear. How many miles/KM and what's the tread depth?

David, your post is not clear. How many miles/KM and what's the tread depth?

OK :)

I have the option of storing my vehicle for the winter. So it's not in my house's driveway right now. I can not go and measure the depth of the thread, now.

But, I remembered that I had some numbers in my Excel maintenance document.

It goes like that :

0km : 19/32 (obviously !)
10 000 km (6250 miles) : 14/32
23 000 km ( 14 000 miles) : 11/32

I am now at 35 000 km (22 000 miles) : I presume there are at +/- 7/32 <--- I need to confirm this number

They will soon be unusable to venture confidently into the precarious off-road path. I am a little disappointed with their life time. They (Toyo MT) lasted much longer on my ex-BJ70 which is much lighter and in 265/75R16 size.

However, tires are worn evenly and I have never been disappointed with their performance.

I am now at 35 000 km (22 000 miles) : I presume there are at +/- 7/32 <--- I need to confirm this number

I confirm, 7/32 with 22 000 miles on my Toyo MT.

@MDH33 can you report your wear ?

@boozewz how about you with your ST Maxx ?

Last edited:
ive been running 235 on these toyota rims. Next is going to be 255.
over the years I bought about three sets of this rims and two more for my M101 trailer.
I was paying about 80 a rim in canada. Call a canadian dealer if you are near the border. Might be less cost. All of my rims had to ship from out of country. Japan and some out of a bog warehouse in California.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom