255/70/18 Tires on a 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, guys,

Does anyone have a picture of 255/70/18's (Tundra stock size) on their 100? I want to get a separate set of on-road wheels and tires and these steel Tundra's with new tires came up for sale. Just wanted to see if it would look too skinny.

Thanks.

staggrlee has KM2s in 255/85/16, he posted these pictures in another thread

km2slarge.jpg

km2s3large.jpg

km2s2large.jpg

I ran those sizes on tundra steelies for about a week while I was prepping my stock rims for new tires. It drove well...

BTW - These are shots with a OME lift

IMG_7623.jpg
IMG_7625.jpg
IMG_7624.jpg
IMG_7624.jpg
IMG_7625.jpg
IMG_7623.jpg

Sorry to resurrect a long dead thread - but couldn't find anything more recent.

I currently have 285/75/16 BFG ATs on my stock 2001 wheels, and will be going on a cross country move with the family. A brand new set of 2014 Tundra wheels came up for sale locally in the P255/70R18 size.

Any experience on the suitability of this tire/wheel size on the 100 series and if there would be any appreciable fuel savings with Michelin LTX tires?

Here's a link to the ad: http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/As-new-Toyota-tires-and-rims-P25570R18_22269632

I did the same thing you are suggesting (though with Bridgestone instead of Michelin) and found the extra weight of the steel wheels negated any tread benefit. Did 8500 miles around the country. Just rock what you have on.

Wow, that's surprising. I would have thought that at highway speeds, you'd be seeing a mileage increase. What were you getting?

Wow, that's surprising. I would have thought that at highway speeds, you'd be seeing a mileage increase. What were you getting?

Mid 14's with 275/65/18 Dueller HT's. I had previously done Phx to Yellowstone around about and back to Phx at 16+ MPG's on 16" OEM alloys with 295/75/16 Nitto TG's. Both the 255's and 275's I ran are nominal 32" diameters. ~0.8" difference in width. You'll never make up the purchase price in fuel savings. I though I would, but didn't, even after selling/giving them away...

at the Outer Banks.
_mg_9056-jpg.539999

Nooo not pizza cutters!

Official Jeep Recovery Vehicle

I've following and understand the merits on a narrow tire.

Though it's not without its cons. Stopping and corning traction will be compromised. Both rather important safety qualities especially on a rig of this weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom