.25" wheel spacers. Where? How? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need some real "official" .25" wheel spacers.

I have been using home made spacers & I want real ones.

All I can find is 1" from vendors. :bang:

Who makes them? How are you guys making them, if not buying them.? What works best, if your making your own?:confused:

Help a Brother out. Thanks.

I saw some on the poly performance web site a few weeks ago....I tired to find them the other day and was not able.....you might want to call them to see.

Mr. Gasket makes 1/4" spacers with 6 x 5.5" pattern. You can get them at Jegs. $16 for two...

Mr. Gasket makes 1/4" spacers with 6 x 5.5" pattern. You can get them at Jegs. $16 for two...

Right on. I didn't even think to look there.

Thanks all for the input.

I would look for spacers that are not 'aluminum' castings. The cast ones don't tend to live very long. Get those made from steel or aluminum plate.

I have not seen the steel ones. I have the aluminum ones also and have not had an issue yet, but have not been running them long.

Dave

I just bought some for my 4Runner from the local autoparts store, Lordco. They cost me around $10 I think and were make of cast aluminum in China. I filed down some of the casting marks, but I'm not too worried about them cracking or anything. They are a universal 6 on 5.5", and the centre I.D. is about 1/8" larger than the hub O.D. and the holes for the studs are almost twice as large as they need to be. Despite all this, There's not extra vibration felt through the steering wheel.

I did notice that with the tires farther out from the steering axis, small bumps in the road have a greater tendency to jerk the wheel. I have IFS, so I intend on increasing caster angle to compensate- you won't be able to do this on your 60 so this may be annoying (it is for me).

I know you can't put a price on safety/quality but those guys are testing the edge of that theory. It's a flat sheet of aluminum and a 2 minute hydrocut job for cripes sake.

I had bought the those 1/4" spacers from pepboys/autozone and they look and feel cheap. The ones I made from wheeladapter where quality. They were even designed to be hub centric vs lug centric. I didn't want a full 1/2" spacer from Allpro or whoever so finding them to make a 3/8" spacer was perfect. It's worth a call, my 2 cents anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom