25.4g versus 24.6g (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gents,

I have an '08 TLC. Toyota's literature claims a 25.4 gallon gas tank, however the specs in my manual state 24.6 gallons. Which is it?

Tim

Empty your tank completely (run out of gas), get towed, then fill up. Questioned answered.

And without testing it directly.........
I get the low fuel warning and estimated driving range of 8 miles and still only put 19 gallons in the truck. How much is bitching betty under estimating range remaining? I assume all the LC's do this.

:confused:

And without testing it directly.........
I get the low fuel warning and estimated driving range of 8 miles and still only put 19 gallons in the truck. How much is bitching betty under estimating range remaining? I assume all the LC's do this.

:confused:

Everyone has the same question and no one really knows the correct answer. In reality, DTT is right that you would have to test this to really find out. According to Long Ranger, the tank is 93L which is 24.57 gallons. I'm guessing since they are in the aux tank business, they have measured the real tank.

I've gone to 0 numerous times and still driven for miles...but I wouldn't test it too often.

Perhaps 24.6g is the measured capacity of the tank itself, and 25.4g represents the total fuel capacity of the fuel system?

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom