24V wiper motor in a 12V truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

georgebj60

SILVER Star
Threads
I posted this up in the diesel/24V section, but no response. Maybe someone here can help me out:

Maybe a strange request and it's a long story so I won't bore you with the details, but what would happen if I used a 24V wiper motor in a 12V truck? Not intending to do this permanently, but might good to know if it's an option for a day or two...

It probably wouldn't work.

I posted this up in the diesel/24V section, but no response. Maybe someone here can help me out:

Maybe a strange request and it's a long story so I won't bore you with the details, but what would happen if I used a 24V wiper motor in a 12V truck? Not intending to do this permanently, but might good to know if it's an option for a day or two...
I don't know what would happen, but would be a shame if it ruined a perfectly good 24v wiper motor. Especially when there is a girl in Hawaii that could use a functioning 24v wiper motor for her Hj60! PM me if you don't feel like experimenting with it, I will put it to work in a 24v system with the winter rains that are coming.

The motor would probably go about double the speed. Would look pretty cool! I don't know if using a resistor like the types used in a heater blower to regulate speed would work. They are both brush motors, so maybe?

oops got that arse about. Motor would go half speed. Shouldn't be any damage though.

Last edited:
Slow and draw too much amp. WHY ? 12v used are all over da place?

I have a rust free FJ that is getting ready to receive the drivetrain and interior from my rusty HJ. But the wiper motor/transmission in the FJ was shot, so I removed it. The one out of the HJ is like new, so it's now in the truck, but disconnected until I can get the wiring harness moved over. And I might need to drive it in the rain once before I'm ready to do that. But, I won't take a chance on ruining a good 24V part. I'll re-schedule the driving I need to do for a clear day. Thanks for all the input.

@Aloha Jen , I'm meeting up with a guy soon that has a bunch of 24V spares. I'll see if he has a wiper motor for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom