24V winch options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so its about time i'm feeling the need for a winch on the cruiser. I'm not sure what option would be best/easiest. i'd love to get a 24v warn 8274, but have only seen them new and thats not really an option. other than that i was thinking about a factory pto, or maybe converting a 12v warn? or theres a 24v superwinch on usedvic right now. what have other people ran in the past?

I'm in same boat yet again....

I've had a Ramsey and a Warn in 24v
When I had Mootard, I put a Ramsey winch on it , I prefer them to warns. It worked fine in 24v, yes it's not exactly nice on the motor but as long as it doesn't bog down and heat up it will last a fair while. Plan was to run it that way until the motor cooked and then just pop a new 24v motor on . ( you'd need to grab some 24v solenoids first tho)

At the time I'd priced them out and I found some online that were fairly reasonable. Under $200 I think. I don't remember where I found them now, may just have been ebay.

I've heard 12v 8274's are fast enough to be somewhat frightening when run on 24v...

I have the PTO gearbox on my tcase in the 61, but pto winches are a bit of a pain in the ass. I haven't figured out what else to do with it yet tho...:lol:

But when I get to the point that I'm ready to build a front bumper ( I'm starting with rear first) I'll probably just pickup a cheap ramsey or warn and get a new motor for it when the time comes.

I'll root around and see if I can find that source of motors I'd found before. It was a while ago...

EDIT- First hit on google http://www.ebay.ca/itm/like/231274697014?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=116

Last edited:
look in the winching part of this forum.

Last edited:
run a 12v 8274, just switch over to a sealed 24v solenoid pack for reliability.
Will run like a champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom