SOLD 24V Warn 8274 - Phoenix, AZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Given that this is 24V, I thought it would be worth posting here.

I've got a Warn 8274 about midway through a restoration... It's a 24V model that I've been toying with converting to 12V. Pictured below are the main parts sandblasted... steel parts have been primed. I have the solenoids, motor, and all internals as well (not shown). I do not have a controller or solenoid cover.

0003warn8274.jpg

Asking $300 OBO. I just don't need the project right now. And it seems better to give someone with 24V a shot at it instead of converting it.

I am interested. Need a 24v version. Can you PM pics all that you have? How much shipped to 75080. Do not need steel cable.

I am interested. Need a 24v version. Can you PM pics all that you have? How much shipped to 75080. Do not need steel cable.

I’ll get a bunch more pics when I get home tonight. 👍🏼

There's a great rebuilding thread by @flintknapper and he even links to other rebuilds and chimes in with answers to questions you may have in the thread.

I rebuilt one for my FJ40... and I chose to paint the housing to match body color. But you can also just clean up or polish the aluminum housing.

What's missing:
- cable/hook
- manual clutch handle assembly (see here)
- control remote
- solenoid cover (you'll want to get a crawlorado metal one anyway)

Here's pics of everything I've got...

0016warn.jpg

0017warn.jpg

0018warn.jpg

0019warn.jpg

0020warn.jpg

0021warn.jpg

0022warn.jpg

0023warn.jpg

0024warn.jpg

0025warn.jpg

0026warn.jpg

0027warn.jpg

0028warn.jpg

0029warn.jpg

0030warn.jpg

0031warn.jpg
0032warn.jpg
0033warn.jpg
0034warn.jpg

Also, I pasted the description from my local Copperstate listing. Shipping isn't included in the price, but using Fastenal or UShip it shouldn't be too bad to ship this. Heavy but compact.

Other info:
- 6-digit serial is hard to read... but it's 109161.
- Rust on the drum gear teeth is surface only... it'll polish off. Same with gear in top of the housing. They flash rusted during shipment.
- All steel parts were primed with an etching primer.
- The motor armature spins freely in the motor housing. I've not tested it. If someone tells me how to test it 24V, I'm happy to do it. =)

Last edited:
I’ll take it Have not used Uship. Done Fastenal. Let me know what is easier for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom