24v Rear Fuse Install HELP. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey team,

After having done a heap of study up, I'm back to being somewhat perplexed.

I've bought the componentry for installing a rear aux fuse panel in my short wheel base PZ70. The wagon is 24 volts and while revising my plan today, I have a feeling that the auto sparkies have put me wrong when I bought the main wire. They gave me twin core 6mm wire and a 60amp circuit breaker. I've been using some wire size calculators and now keep getting differing results.

What I arrive at is that 60a and 6mm definitely doesn't seem right... My calculations suggest the wire would only be 30a suitable for 12v and 15a suitable for my 24v. So hopefully someone here can put me right.

My plan is to run cables from my positive and neg battery terminals, through the firewall and to a 100amp max fuse block. Some 5 to 6 metre distance in total. I'd be looking to use an 80amp circuit breaker by the battery and likely never run anywhere near that sort of amperage with my accessories anyway.

The questions:
Can someone clarify the recommended minimum wire size for a 6 metre run (one-way) @100amp max on a 24v system?

Is it really worth my time running the two cables to the fuse block ( pos and neg) or just resigning myself to earthing to chassis? I see benefits in both.

My solution so far is that I'm going to have to repurchase 4AWG cable at minimum and possibly 2AWG as the ideal. A bit of a muck around but but necessary if it's necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom