24 volt solar panels MADE IN USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok I found a couple companies that make solar panels flexible and all ranges of wattage. The only problem is they all claim a 24volt output. Can this be used on a 12 volt system? Ive never used these before and a peelable self adhesive 100 watt on top of the RTT would be perfect.

24V is fine, it will work with any common solar charge controllers - you ARE going to use a charge controller, yes? :)

Solar panel output voltage is essentially no-load voltage. Once you load it up the voltage will drop based on current draw.

With nominal 24V no load output, an MPPT charge controller is going to give you better efficiency since it will do DC : DC voltage conversion and keep the panel at its maximum power output.

cheers,
george.

24V is fine, it will work with any common solar charge controllers - you ARE going to use a charge controller, yes? :)

Solar panel output voltage is essentially no-load voltage. Once you load it up the voltage will drop based on current draw.

With nominal 24V no load output, an MPPT charge controller is going to give you better efficiency since it will do DC : DC voltage conversion and keep the panel at its maximum power output.

cheers,
george.
Yes of course I have a solar controller but I can get an Mppt to run it, thanks Georg

If they are 24v nominal then the output will actually be closer to 30v. Check the specs of your charge controller to confirm this is within the input range.

Reactions: RFB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom