1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

23 mm seatpost for roadbike...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by OZCAL, Aug 22, 2006.

1. OZCAL

OZCAL

Any bikies out there know of a 23 mm seatpost for a road bike? I'm trying to put together an old Vitus and all that's left is the seatpost (the original broke a long time ago).

Or, any fabricators think they could make a seatpost :D ?

2. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew SILVER Star

I used to have a Vitus with that tiny 23mm seat post. That bike was very light, and I commuted it for years, but it eventually came apart at one of the glued joints. The bottom bracket was very soft, too soft in fact for serious riding. Check with someone like Colorado Cyclist, they might carry old school stuff like this seat post. Your other bet would be to find a racing shop in a larger town. Usually there's an old guy in the back with a drawer full of discarded junk, just like what you need.

I would not spend a bunch of $$ building one of these, they arn't that great.

3. carboncycles

carboncycles

CC would probably not carry something like that...I'd try Richard Sachs website or campyonly as a starter.

4. FirstToy

FirstToy

dang! 23mm?! 29-31mm is standard nowadays

People told me the Vitus would skip gears when you stood on the pedals... flexy beasts!

5. OZCAL

OZCAL

This one's all carbon except for the forks. Pretty stiff.

6. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    I doubt someone like colorado cyclist will have somthing that unusal (you never know). Usually the smallest is 25 or 25.4. I'd hit some old shops that have been around for a while and see what they have in the seat post bin.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">