22mm or 24mm bolts on 40s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a chance to get some larger size wrenches for a good deal and wonder if there are 22mm or 24mm (or any other size in that ballpark) that are on our trucks. I have a 74 with a 2F, 4 speed.
Just don't like to buy anything I don't need or will not use.

autobon7 said:
I have a chance to get some larger size wrenches for a good deal and wonder if there are 22mm or 24mm (or any other size in that ballpark) that are on our trucks. I have a 74 with a 2F, 4 speed.
Just don't like to buy anything I don't need or will not use.

I know that the u-bolts on my springs are 22's if that helps, otherwise I have not used higher than 19 lately but I'm just a home garage tinkerer.

I think it's a 24...but could be a 22 on my oil pan drain plug, same on the diffs. 2/'75 40.

John

24 and 32 for the TC if I recall

The diff, transmission, and transfer case fill and drain plugs are all 24mm on my 1980.

All good info, I appreciate everyones input. Please keep it coming. I have a chance to get some closed end Facom wrenches, 13-17, 18-19, and 22-24. Think I'll take em.

I use a 22mm quite a bit (most recently on the center arm), and the other day I was trying to get the nut off the pitman arm with a 32mm (wouldn't budge:mad:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom