22 Hours Straight Through, a Deer, and a Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

Drove from Atlanta to Salida, Colorado last night. 22hr drive in my 2003 LX470. Somewhere between Oklahoma and Texas panhandle I hit a deer. Pretty s***ty way to start a snowboarding trip. Need a new lower plastic bumper and front left quarter.

Thinking now is the time to upgrade the bumper. There’s no winch in my future. Don’t need a bull bar either. Any recommendations? Also, if I can get it installed in Colorado, I’ll do it this week or next.

Bummed about the deer. Bumper can be replaced.

Dave

You're in Slee's neighborhood - they may can get you a bumper pretty quickly. 100s are everywhere up there...check the yards for a fender.

You're in Slee's neighborhood - they may can get you a bumper pretty quickly. 100s are everywhere up there...check the yards for a fender.
Problem is Slee is usually booked out a while for installs. You can get it, but then would have to install yourself or find someone else to install.

For that though there are a bunch of toyota oriented shops around, ATLR, RSG, TOYTEC (may not install what they dont sell).

Hey All,

Drove from Atlanta to Salida, Colorado last night. 22hr drive in my 2003 LX470. Somewhere between Oklahoma and Texas panhandle I hit a deer. Pretty s***ty way to start a snowboarding trip. Need a new lower plastic bumper and front left quarter.

Thinking now is the time to upgrade the bumper. There’s no winch in my future. Don’t need a bull bar either. Any recommendations? Also, if I can get it installed in Colorado, I’ll do it this week or next.

Dave

Classic Cruisers is right down the road in Poncha Springs, they have tons of used parts on hand and can likely get you going quickly. (719) 539-7722

Even though they are located in Colorado i am betting any bumper purchased there would be drop shipped.
Agreed, but they ship fast and you mentioned being there for a week or two.

Hey All,

Drove from Atlanta to Salida, Colorado last night. 22hr drive in my 2003 LX470. Somewhere between Oklahoma and Texas panhandle I hit a deer.

^^^^^

IF it happened in Texas, think nothing of it.....we have plenty of them (probably too many), that is why you hit one.

Glad you're OK.

Slee is in Golden. They are booked 2+ months out unless you can leave the vehicle with them to fit in. They may have a bumper in stock if you have somewhere to install it.

BIOR is in Windsor and they are booked out at least 12-16 weeks.

Bumper Superstore is drop ship, maybe an option though if you have time to wait and somewhere to install.

Quite a few junk yard bumpers around and RS4X4 classifieds wanted post might be an option too if looking for a stock bumper beam and skin.

If you're looking for a "no bar", "light duty", "off the shelf" product, you're probably looking for a TJM T17. Unfortunately Slee shows that as being out of stock.

They do show their blueberry ("no bar", "heavy duty", "off the shelf", "premium") bumper as "in stock".

Glad you're OK, i ate the deer I hit in my LX...back straps were delicious. Now my truck has a rebuilt title but at least I got some meat outta the deal....and a steel bumper

Sounds like you do need a bull bar though if you'll be in deer country a lot. I like my tjm T13. The slee bumper looks great

Classic Cruisers is right down the road in Poncha Springs, they have tons of used parts on hand and can likely get you going quickly. (719) 539-7722
👆🏽 This is your best bet. Great guys who have more cruisers than you’ll ever see in one place.

Glad you are okay and the truck is still drivable. With the deer we have in Montana that's often not the case. It is for that reason and only that reason I went with an aftermarket bumper. Don't really see much point without a bull bar though,
Cheers,
Scot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom