21 Road Run Spring 2011 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jonharis

Adventure Imports
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Well, I'm writing this litterally an hour after the March meeting. At the risk of being the "new guy" being too ambitious I'd like to propose a run in the next couple of weeks. Further more I think it would be great if we could regularly plan local runs (i.e. half day to one day in the valley), perhaps on a bi-weekly/monthly basis or so.

I would propose doing a run up 21 road (Hunter Canyon) sometime in the next two weeks. If you have not been to 21 road, It is a great run that gets progressivly more difficult so you can stop when you reach your comfort level. I would say it is not stock friendly as there are many large rocks that like to eat bumper covers and rockers (see my you tube video for examples). The canyon is the most fun to me when there is water and snow/ice in it so this time of year is perfect. It's tight so I would probably limit to 5-6 vehicles or so. It would be cool to see some buggy types as it gets really gnarly past the alcove.

Let me know if there is any interest. It will be a 9am to 5pm (max) run.

Dates possible for me are 3/6, 3/12, 3/13 or 3/27

Links showing the trail.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/co-colorado-land-cruisers/385666-grand-junction-memorial-weekend.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I7xSEfjcJY

Ok, I took the first step, who's brave enough to take the second......:flipoff2: :)

Last edited:
I would love to but wont be back in town til 3/15 then working the other date you mentioned.
Thanks for the reply, I'll see you out there another time.

Well, Tifff the girls and I are going to head up tomorrow (Saturday 3/11) at about 10:00. We are planning on driving as far as we can and then hiking up a ways if the water/snow isn't too crazy. I think we will take 25 road out to the book cliffs and then make our way west. Weather in the high 50's and mostly sunny.

A few pics from the day. It was a beautiful day in the canyon. About 65 degrees out. Lots of other trail users too.

Water was flowing pretty good keeping it interesting.
IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg
IMG_1840.jpg
IMG_1841.jpg
IMG_1843.jpg

This was the first real good workout for the Slee front bumper. It was a huge improvement from stock as far as clearance goes.
IMG_1845.jpg

The rear on the other hand has some room for improvement.
IMG_1846.jpg

Saw a lot of j**ps on the trail. I stopped to chat with one and he was surprised to see a "vehicle like mine" up that far.
IMG_1847.jpg
IMG_1845.jpg
IMG_1846.jpg
IMG_1847.jpg

The rear bumper cover was dented already, but not this dented. More justification to the :princess: for a new one. :)
IMG_1848.jpg

Happy campers at the end of the day. The back of the hundy is a great play pen.
IMG_1860.jpg

Thanks for looking....That 3/27 date is still out there. If someone plans something you can count me in.
IMG_1848.jpg
IMG_1860.jpg

Hey Jon sorry I missed out! It looked like a good time!

I may be in for the 27th but for a short day i.e. back at around 14:30. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom