2024 GX wait list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Most likely ARB given what they’ve specced on the Toyota Trailhunter.

I think we saw their willingness to with the GX460 Concept a few years ago and it seems that they made that wiliness official.

LAS VEGAS (Nov. 1, 2022) – Toyota and Lexus today announced a new Associated Accessory Products (AAP) program at the 2022 SEMA Show. The new program will bring third-party accessory brands into the vehicle purchase process to broaden and streamline the ways customers can accessorize their Toyota and Lexus vehicles at the point of purchase.

AAP is bringing many well-known and respected accessory brands together for Toyota and Lexus customers with dozens of accessories available from brands like ARB, Go Rhino, Yakima and Rigid Industries. The new program will add on- and off-road accessories to the already robust portfolio of genuine Toyota and Lexus accessories available to consumers across both companies’ model lineups.

I think we saw their willingness to with the GX460 Concept a few years ago and it seems that they made that wiliness official.

LAS VEGAS (Nov. 1, 2022) – Toyota and Lexus today announced a new Associated Accessory Products (AAP) program at the 2022 SEMA Show. The new program will bring third-party accessory brands into the vehicle purchase process to broaden and streamline the ways customers can accessorize their Toyota and Lexus vehicles at the point of purchase.

AAP is bringing many well-known and respected accessory brands together for Toyota and Lexus customers with dozens of accessories available from brands like ARB, Go Rhino, Yakima and Rigid Industries. The new program will add on- and off-road accessories to the already robust portfolio of genuine Toyota and Lexus accessories available to consumers across both companies’ model lineups.

Although I am most likely overly optimistic, i would love the opportunity to buy a dealer installed ARB winch / bumper with my new GX550 purchase. Friends do this all the time at Toyota dealers in Australia but in the US these things have not been offered since the FJ60.

Although I am most likely overly optimistic, i would love the opportunity to buy a dealer installed ARB winch / bumper with my new GX550 purchase. Friends do this all the time at Toyota dealers in Australia but in the US these things have not been offered since the FJ60.

It does appear to be the direction they are heading. - at least for some of the basics. Time will tell. My decreased desire to wrench is exactly related to my increased age so this trend is welcome news. Of course the devil will be in the details……

Hang on.
Is the wheelbase 112 or 127”?
Which frame is this actually sharing? Tacoma?

Also LOL at people here “buying” this with a tin roof. First of all you aren’t buying nothing 😂 . Also take a joke for crying out loud.

Second why even buy this if thats what you are after honestly?

Have you seen it? Yeah its square but it is even more busy, and “techy” in design than than retro defender and bronco. It has its pros and cons, but in fairness its a major update to the GX. i wouldn’t have been a GX customer, but they fumbled the LX so here we are…
Buy the ineos grenadier if thats where your head is. That’s your vehicle. Not this.

My biggest gripe is the 17 MPG, but thats what you get when you make a big blocky suv with terrible aero.

What I’m really interested in hearing about is ride quality, and, take a seat folks, kind of wish they went independent in the rear on this one…

Which would resell better in 12 to 15 months (about the average I keep a vehicle)🤣

luxury + or overtrail +

?

I am torn between the two

granted I will not take either off-road but the overtrail reminds me of a 2007 FJ and is giving me nostalgia

Which would resell better in 12 to 15 months (about the average I keep a vehicle)🤣

luxury + or overtrail +

?

I am torn between the two

granted I will not take either off-road but the overtrail reminds me of a 2007 FJ and is giving me nostalgia

My buddy has “ordered” the luxury already. The 33s (Ps) are nice on the overtrail (that name sucks so bad) but i find the wheels to be pretty ugly.

The luxury on its 20s is a nicer looking combo IMO.

I dont know though, im trying to figure out if any trims have wood inside.

My buddy has “ordered” the luxury already. The 33s (Ps) are nice on the overtrail (that name sucks so bad) but i find the wheels to be pretty ugly.

The luxury on its 20s is a nicer looking combo IMO.

I dont know though, im trying to figure out if any trims have wood inside.
According to the order guide, they all have either black or brown wood grain trim. Is it actually wood? Doubtful, but it’s in all of them. Overtrail is black only, others are black/brown.

It does appear to be the direction they are heading. - at least for some of the basics. Time will tell. My decreased desire to wrench is exactly related to my increased age so this trend is welcome news. Of course the devil will be in the details……
Amen - I’d much rather be on the road traveling than spending time in my shop. I spent plenty of years on the farm screwing around fixing or building equipment. Done with that.

According to the order guide, they all have either black or brown wood grain trim. Is it actually wood? Doubtful, but it’s in all of them. Overtrail is black only, others are black/brown.

Not sure if its real wood exactly… but also i was wondering what that aluminum trim is doing? I guess those are just standard accents everything gets.

Crazy the towing numbers between trims are so far apart. I don’t necessarily abide by those though.

Just heard back from my guy at Sewell. He said he thinks he can get me into one within the first 4-6 months of release. Not sure I want to go full steam ahead with a first year model but I'm honestly kind of shocked I would be that far up the list living here in DFW.

Just heard back from my guy at Sewell. He said he thinks he can get me into one within the first 4-6 months of release. Not sure I want to go full steam ahead with a first year model but I'm honestly kind of shocked I would be that far up the list living here in DFW.

Interesting. Any date range for real release? Pricing info?

I don’t think its that much a first run anymore as far as drivetrain anyway. Is this still going to be built in japan?

Interesting. Any date range for real release? Pricing info?

I don’t think its that much a first run anymore as far as drivetrain anyway. Is this still going to be built in japan?
First ones will hit the lot in Q1 2024. Sewell is one of if the largest volume Lexus dealers in the country especially for the GX so he says they will get the most allocations for the new model. I believe it with how many 460's I see on the road around here. No word on pricing yet. Yes is will still be assembled in the Tahara plant.

First ones will hit the lot in Q1 2024. Sewell is one of if the largest volume Lexus dealers in the country especially for the GX so he says they will get the most allocations for the new model. I believe it with how many 460's I see on the road around here. No word on pricing yet. Yes is will still be assembled in the Tahara plant.

Buddy said he is #40 here in Houston.

Overtrail+ in Nori Green or Nightfall Mica for me, please

(Someone please order that exact combo and keep it perfectly maintained for 7 years so I can buy it off you in 2030)
No Nightfall option for Overtrail trims according to the order guide.

some of the test mules had lc300 bodies, pretty cool. Judging by the fact they didn't need to put any camo on the LC300 body means that when these tests were filmed the 300 had already made its debut. Doesn't mean much I guess but I just like these little details.

View attachment 3345269

View attachment 3345270

This merely proves the importance of the TNGA-F platform.

They can basically throw any body/frame combo on four wheels. 😂😂

I'm on the list with my local dealer, went the day of unveiling. Added some family on the list too. We're in the 20s; and hell, last year there was a list already starting for the GX550 when I bought my '22 GX.

I'm sad there is no nightfall! But I'm torn, overtrail + variable suspension mandated, or premium, throw a locker on, and not have to hassle with adjustable suspension/shocks (which if it is AHC or AHC similar, I'm not keen). It'd be a replacement for my 15 LX

Curiously, the fact that these now have full time 4wd, I could see sequoias and tundras maybe get modded to put this transfer case on it perhaps.

I'm on the list with my local dealer, went the day of unveiling. Added some family on the list too. We're in the 20s; and hell, last year there was a list already starting for the GX550 when I bought my '22 GX.

I'm sad there is no nightfall! But I'm torn, overtrail + variable suspension mandated, or premium, throw a locker on, and not have to hassle with adjustable suspension/shocks (which if it is AHC or AHC similar, I'm not keen). It'd be a replacement for my 15 LX

Curiously, the fact that these now have full time 4wd, I could see sequoias and tundras maybe get modded to put this transfer case on it perhaps.
What do you mean by “they now have full time 4wd?” My ‘12 has full time 4wd, as does every GX470 & GX460.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom