2022 tundra suspension looks just like my 97 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

South Texas 97

GOLD Star
Threads
news story on the 2022 Tundra here. Looks just like my 97 Land Cruiser. Is it April 1st? What am I missing?
7AB545C4-5B19-4115-ADE2-78B0C2914002.png

Wow, looks very similar ! The swaybar across the diff is missing. Wonder if they used a torsion bar instead?

Wish the front suspension looked the same as a 97 Land Cruiser as well.

Same design going back to the '89 4runner and '91 fj80. Other makes going back way further. Funny this is considered "modern"

Coil spring rear, like the ram 1500/2500. Interesting. Would be cool to see someone do a housing swap to get that massive 10.5 inch ring gear.

I think it is the same rear axle assembly as the 200 series LC which will make it a 9.5 rear end. If that is the case at least there is suspension lift available for the rear at least.

I am super excited some of the photos from 2022 Tundra Suspension right above the front shock tower you can see Toyota's orange wrapped wire harness that they use on the hybrid. So that leads to speculation that the Pro will be a hybrid as well.

Same design going back to the '89 4runner and '91 fj80. Other makes going back way further. Funny this is considered "modern"
90 4Runner.
89 was the last year of the first gen 4Runner, but the first year of the 3rd gen pickup/Hilux.

I think it is the same rear axle assembly as the 200 series LC which will make it a 9.5 rear end. If that is the case at least there is suspension lift available for the rear at least.

I am super excited some of the photos from 2022 Tundra Suspension right above the front shock tower you can see Toyota's orange wrapped wire harness that they use on the hybrid. So that leads to speculation that the Pro will be a hybrid as well.

Correct, same setup as a 200. Similar to an 80 but not the same.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom