2022 LX replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's the LX replacement?

Maybe this will be like GX and RX.

One for the boys and one for the girls.

In the case of LX and LQ, both will be for girls.

I am kidding. I am. Well, not really.

Car companies sell a ton of these mall runners with 3 rows and modern safety, tech. It’s a smart move by Lexus to do a large luxury crossover offering. Now time for some LC300 news...

Maybe this will be like GX and RX.

One for the boys and one for the girls.

In the case of LX and LQ, both will be for girls.

I am kidding. I am. Well, not really.
I have only seen women drive LX’s here. Definitely a more feminine looking SUV. Actually, one old guy at the golf club has the blacked out version. Looks pretty cool.

Are we back in high school where your masculinity is defined by your car?

I wonder what the Jeep community thinks about us all.

I'm comfortable in my own skin that I'll drive whatever I please. You guys should grow up and do the same.

I'm comfortable in my own skin that I'll drive whatever I please. You guys should grow up and do the same.

Dude, chill. Joke man. Geez.

Old news. The LF-1 has been already in plans for a while and official concept pictures for over year. My local dealership at that time was telling me that it will be out this year but looks like may take a little longer. It will be a nice mall cruiser to compete with biggest Audi, Merc, BMW. Smart move. Probably a great transitional vehicle to kill off LX if outsells LX.

I think it'll compete with SUV Coupe like Audi Q8, MB GLE Coupe, BMW X6, Porsche Cayenne coupe ...
LX competes with Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln Navigator, MB GLS, BMW X7,... completely different category.

Jeeps have one and only one thing going for them. A solid straight front axle. We bought one for my oldest son ( my son and wife’s decesion) after I told them it was a crap vehicle. Have had it for less than a year and have spent almost 2 grand in repairs (2016 with 24k miles) and he does zero off-roading, lol. Also I personally have not spent a dime on repairs. I told my wife that’s on your paycheck. Needles to say I don’t give a crap about what Jeep people say, or about what I drive. That new Lexus looks like it will get stuck at the top of the stairs just like the Range Rover commercial, lol. To me it looks like a reliable land rover. Will never buy one

Last edited:
I like these futuristic looking vehicles. It may not be overtly masculine but atleast its different. I would want one if I wasn't buying a cybertruck. I hope it has a super futuristic interior. i think Lexus is going for onroad highway land cruiser with this one. I hope they improve AHC even more to get a super smooth ride. It does seem strange to have such a big hood for a puny V6 engine. Somehow I can't imagine ARB making bumpers/aftermarket gear for lexus anymore.

Spy shots of the production LQbt have been leaked.

9676BFFF-4FCF-4BEB-BA17-1222D0959B59.jpeg

Note that the article does NOT say that the LQ will replace the LX, but that the LQ will become Lexus' new "flagship", meaning the LX will no longer be the flagship vehicle. With the price still in the same range, maybe Lexus will be dialing back the LX to allow it to drop back down into a lower price range to attract more buyers?

I have only seen women drive LX’s here. Definitely a more feminine looking SUV. Actually, one old guy at the golf club has the blacked out version. Looks pretty cool.
It’s funny around my parts it’s the opposite. I’m not going to play the gender card as I know a ton of stay at home dad’s, but as for 200’s the LCs are all driven by mom/dad seen in line picking up the kids at school and the LXs are seen off roading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom