2022 LC200 or LC300? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saw these pic's today of the 2022 LC200 or LC300?

2022-LC200.jpg

2022-RESR-LC200.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like an Escalade in front…..and boring as hell in back.

It seems that approach angle is now as bad as LX…might as well add a shovel to the that nose! Oh wait, that may come as a ”Sports” package! :(

Unless something magical in its 4wd system and powertrain, i am damn glad that i have a LC200.

Last edited:
And add to the pain of future LX owners…….this one is no longer Toyota’s flagship SUV……that title belongs to the upcoming Lexus LQ.

Q…is this a total redesign or just a facelift? It looks almost the same except for Escalade nose. What was the point of this whole redesign then? Just to make it look just the same Except for nose? I see another sales disaster…esp now it will compete with LQ above it and GX/RX below it.

Obviously Lexus has smart folks but i just don’t get their rationale here.

Q…is this a total redesign or just a facelift? It looks almost the same except for Escalade nose. What was the point of this whole redesign then? Just to make it look just as the same Except for nose? I see another sales disaster.
I think its a face lifted 200 with new drivetrain, exterior/ interior. I love my 5.7, but a twin turbo v6 would be intriguing.

the LC is not a sales disaster. They sell the piss out of them overseas. They dont sell many in NA, so thats why they discontinued em.

Q…is this a total redesign or just a facelift? It looks almost the same except for Escalade nose. What was the point of this whole redesign then? Just to make it look just the same Except for nose? I see another sales disaster…esp now it will compete with LQ above it and GX/RX below it.

Obviously Lexus has smart folks but i just don’t get their rationale here.
They will sell as many as they can make. This specific set of trims, with the gawdawful bumper and grill, is tailor made for the Gulf States, Asia, and Russia. It is going to sell like hotcakes.

i cant wait to see the Australian and South African versions. They will much more attuned with offroad use, especially with available front and rear lockers.

I think its a face lifted 200 with new drivetrain, exterior/ interior. I love my 5.7, but a twin turbo v6 would be intriguing.

the LC is not a sales disaster. They sell the piss out of them overseas. They dont sell many in NA, so thats why they discontinued em.
But wait…LC300 is a total redesign we were told though…maybe i am remembering wrong?

Definitely more Lexus-ey on the outside and from what I've seen on the inside it mirrors the LX there too. It's ok for the Lexus, but not the LC.

Speaking of the Cadillac front end...how freaking tall are those things? I swear there's like 5 feet of grill and bumper from the top of the hood to the bottom the wind fairing. UG-LEE

This pic is interesting. There's at least two trims represented with the top one seemingly to be a higher trim?
- body colored side mirrors
- integrated step
- lower body cladding
- larger wheels
- roof rack

I do hope that there's a future land cruiser for the states. Maybe after initially skipping the launch year? Or Toyota is coming up with some larger branding exercise for a whole line of off-roaders?

It'll take some time for the new style to grow on me, but having watched so many generations, the first reactions aren't always positive. Some of these changes are just following where every car is going. Like the door mounted side mirrors - aero and NVH advantages. Deeper chin for aero and mpg. The hatch...I'm hoping the rest of world gets this lift hatch and they're still developing a split gate? Who knows. I'm sure this model will grow on everyone especially after its beast mode is better understood and amplified by the aftermarket. As of right now, it just comes off as a another new non-descript SUV.

1619191325221.png

I don't hate it. But I get the criticisms. It's been 4-runnered and Dodge Durangoed. Would love a diesel US spec truck but I'd also love to be a Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist, neither is happening in my lifetime.

To be fair, overseas 200s had different front bumper options than we had. Traditionally, a much lower approach angle on the ones in the desert.

I bet split gate will be offered too, and continuity between the looks could help explain the horizontal line added to these.

Unless those already are split gate but with a much tighter interface between the upper and lower halves

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom