2021 Heritage Front License Plate Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since there are pre-drilled holes on the front bumper, please post what you guys put other than the license plate. Or do you leave it bare? Thanks!

The holes are Japanese spacing, so an adapter is needed to attach a US license plate or other decorative plate of some sort. Fortunately I was paying attention before the salesperson drilled holes to attach the front plate to. I had him leave it off, purchased an adapter and bolted the plate to the adapter.

Mine has the official Lexus adapter - two pointy screws through the bumper skin. :) Dealer installed.

I hated the front plate being mount being so obvious and blank so my first attempt to remedy that was to get a Japanese to Euro plate adaptor and custom make a Euro plate. Links below from what I remember on Amazon. I am still looking for a cool TRD Japanese plate with retro Toyota colors, but this will tide me over for a bit.

132058880_10222187060858655_7129897735868536143_o.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B07FFFPGMK

Amazon product ASIN B003O4SA2E

This is the adapter I purchased:

Amazon product ASIN B0733NMLH8
I used it in conjunction with a silicone frame for the license plate and replaced the hardware with stainless steel hardware. I'm a little surprised that none of the enterprising individuals who participate here haven't made something up to sell for this that's all stainless steel.

Your links are broken. The forum fails at parsing them. Here it raw link.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Blox-Racing-BXAC-00422-License-Adapter/dp/B0733NMLH8/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=B0733NMLH8&qid=1610932202&sr=8-1

The links worked fine for me.

My new-to-me 2018 LC came from a state without front license plates, but I am required to mount one here. I bought a $5.99 universal adapter at AutoZone and mounted the plate today using some screws I had laying around, but this was just to pass inspection. The plate is about 0.75" off center due to the hole/slot spacing in the adapter, the screws are probably already rusting, and the adapter is made out of stout, case hardened cheese, but it worked to get me my sticker today.

Am I correct that there is no Toyota OEM part to adapt the JDM hole spacing (8.25" or so, on the molded upper part of the LC bumper cover) down to our US license plate hole spacing? And that, therefore, the official US Toyota dealership solution is to DRILL INTO THE BUMPER to mount a front plate if required?

I'm happy to spend the whopping $6.42 for the Cruiser Accessories adapter if that's truly the best option, but it looks like it's only slightly better than the "ProElite" adapter that I bought earlier today. I'd also potetially like to re-use the BumpTek rubber frame that I have sitting in the garage from my NYC days, if only for nostalgia sake.

BumpTEK

I saw the Subaru JDM to US adapter mount in another, older thread, which provided support for the full US plate, but that seller / brand is no more.

Any other suggestions before I pull the trigger? Maybe I should order up a faux JDM plate with my MA registration number from these guys: CustomJapanesePlates.com - https://www.customjapaneseplates.com/

Yeah, standard operating procedure is for the dealer to hack (I think they just use self tapping screws and no drill...) 2 holes into the bumper. Fortunately, I had previous experience with this problem from my prior Gwagons (these had NO provision for a front plate, so I ended up with a pretty elaborate solution), so I told the salesperson I would take care of the front plate before he could touch it.

I ordered these items from Amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B0733NMLH8
Amazon product ASIN B07CV5PLFM
The Blox adapter is admittedly grossly overpriced for what it is, but works well. I'd love to see something similar made out of stainless steel. I replaced the included hardware with stainless. The silicone frame obviously protects the bumper from scratches and gives things a more finished look - I ordered 2 so I could install one on the rear plate as well. The frame you already have should work fine, though you may have to get slightly longer bolts to work with it.

Thanks for the info! Found all the styles, I’m going to try out the Heritage plate.

Thank you. I did not know they had a new “Heritage” style option. Just ordered one for my 2020 HE.

Since there are pre-drilled holes on the front bumper, please post what you guys put other than the license plate. Or do you leave it bare? Thanks!
Hello
I have a 2021 Base Model and live in N.Y. which requires a front plate...Of course the "pre-drilled holes" on the stock bumper don't line up w NYS DMV Tags. I didn't want to drill into the bumper so after a little research found a bracket that will screw into the stock holes as well as displaying the plate.
Go to Amazon and search Cruiser Accessories 79150...
Best
JM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom