2021 Drawer System Options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a manufactured 2 drawer system (I don't have time to DIY myself but would hire for custom build for comparable workmanship/quality if necessary) for a 2006 LX470 (which will also serve as a sleeping platform) that meets the following criteria and can be delivered to Texas:
  1. 2 Drawers (side by side) approx. 10-12 inches high
  2. Fully extending drawers
  3. wing/side trim kit (bed extension for behind folded 2nd row seats would be nice)
  4. slide top
  5. table option or work surface extension (nice but not required)
  6. modular would be preferred, but not required
  7. up to $1,600 (?) but budget is not really defined-more concerned with value/quality
Here is what I have seen online and discussed in the forum which are appealing, but most seem to be presently out of stock, backordered for months, or not presently available in the USA and I cant seem to find side by side comparisons (pros/cons) of the different manufacturers.
  1. Dobson
  2. DFG
  3. ARB
  4. DRIFTA
  5. Trekboxx (seem a bit pricey in comparison to the others)
I am interested in your opinions, resources and options I may not be considering. THX!

Can't remember their handles, but they guys that do AIR DOWN GEAR UP are here on the forum. Modular, super light. I have ARBs and like them enough to not want to do it all over again...but if I had to do it all over again, I'd look really hard at these. Some assembly required, but that's true of all of the options, and no way their directions are as poor as ARB.

ARB drawers do not fully extend.

Goose Gear may make something as well?

Can't remember their handles, but they guys that do AIR DOWN GEAR UP are here on the forum. Modular, super light. I have ARBs and like them enough to not want to do it all over again...but if I had to do it all over again, I'd look really hard at these. Some assembly required, but that's true of all of the options, and no way their directions are as poor as ARB.

ARB drawers do not fully extend.

Goose Gear may make something as well?
@suprarx7nut & @Kyle Bell

In the future when I decide to finally get a drawer system it would definitely be that one. I love the look of it with their "Beauty Panel" drawer faces

Last edited:
KISS (Keep It Simple Storage) looks promising and well priced KISS post

I am looking for a manufactured 2 drawer system (I don't have time to DIY myself but would hire for custom build for comparable workmanship/quality if necessary) for a 2006 LX470 (which will also serve as a sleeping platform) that meets the following criteria and can be delivered to Texas:
  1. 2 Drawers (side by side) approx. 10-12 inches high
  2. Fully extending drawers
  3. wing/side trim kit (bed extension for behind folded 2nd row seats would be nice)
  4. slide top
  5. table option or work surface extension (nice but not required)
  6. modular would be preferred, but not required
  7. up to $1,600 (?) but budget is not really defined-more concerned with value/quality
Here is what I have seen online and discussed in the forum which are appealing, but most seem to be presently out of stock, backordered for months, or not presently available in the USA and I cant seem to find side by side comparisons (pros/cons) of the different manufacturers.
  1. Dobson
  2. DFG
  3. ARB
  4. DRIFTA
  5. Trekboxx (seem a bit pricey in comparison to the others)
I am interested in your opinions, resources and options I may not be considering. THX!

Your list there reads almost like a product description of the SS1 from Air Down Gear Up. I'm a co-owner, along with @Kyle Bell . We are well stocked on materials and have a 3-4 week lead time on most orders.

1. Our drawers are 17x36x~10" (internal dims)
2. 100% extension slides - 36" of travel with lock in and lock out.
3. Wing kits included with full sleeper option.
4. Slide top - we don't have an integrated slide top like the ARB one, but you can add a fridge slide as needed. If that's a dealbreaker, let us know and we could potentially make something. We're a full design shop from CAD to CNC.
5. We have a Slide Out Table option. V1 is currently being improved in our new V2.
6. Modular - we've got one of the most modular systems on the market. We have a 1/2 width option that is now live for the 100.
7. The SS1 ranges in price quite a bit since it's so modular, but the common "Premier Package" that we offer is $1,900. That gets you dual drawers and the sleeper with our beauty panels on the drawer faces.

If I tried to summarize options quickly:

1. Corporate drawers. ARB, Dobinsons, Drifta, etc.... They're all sheet metal and plywood, far as I know. Very similar in design overall. All are heavy and have kitchen-type drawer slides with tiny ball bearings and limited travel. They look good thanks to pre-cut carpet and plastic end caps, but fall short on drawer travel, lock out failures, static wings, wasted space, etc...

2. Mid-range options: I think ADGU falls in this category and we think we have the best offering out of the group - especially if you're using it as a sleeper. Our storage system offers a totally flat sleeper area - no blankets to shove in crevices or pillows to jam in large gaps. We offer industrial ball bearing slides with large bearings - important because tiny sand and dirt won't leave your drawers feeling like sticky sandpaper unlike the corporate options above. Those industrial slides on our system are also 100% extension with lock in and lock out.

3. High-end. Trekboxx lives alone here, IMO. I couldn't knock it if I tried. Exceptional build quality, but of course it comes with the price tag to match. I'm not sure how well-suited that system is to sleeping.

Hopefully that helps and hopefully you take a look at our offerings. We're engaged enthusiasts plugged into the community and its events and always looking to help you enjoy your vehicle a little bit more.

If you have any questions or want to chat on the phone about the ADGU SS1 system please reach out via email or phone. Happy to review details and current delivery timing.

-Andy
720-335-5991

1629217191202.png

1629217309377.png

As someone who loves woodworking and has built their own, the SS1 by @Kyle Bell & @suprarx7nut, the KISS by @cruzerDave, and the TrekBoxX by @TrekboxX are all top notch and sexy as hell. If I didn't have the capability and time to build my own I would 100% go for one of them over any of the other drawer systems out there.

Just took delivery of my Trekboxx - purchased a system alpha. If you have the bank, it's absolutely worth the price. Killer design.

SS1 by air down gear up for the win. Not sure how true this is but I think it is the most modular system out there that allows for the most storage capacity due to the way it's built. Every season the gear in the rig changes and your storage needs to be able to adapt to it. A large clunky drawer system might help keep a few bits organized and look cleaner but it doesnt accomplish as much.

I appreciate what these guys have done with perfecting their install approach. Sturdy, well made, lightweight [important] and nice to look at. Quick vouch from a local guy for local guys doing something well.

They also met my random request for a half set and am really happy thus far. Picture seen in @suprarx7nut 's post below.

Your list there reads almost like a product description of the SS1 from Air Down Gear Up. I'm a co-owner, along with @Kyle Bell . We are well stocked on materials and have a 3-4 week lead time on most orders.

1. Our drawers are 17x36x~10" (internal dims)
2. 100% extension slides - 36" of travel with lock in and lock out.
3. Wing kits included with full sleeper option.
4. Slide top - we don't have an integrated slide top like the ARB one, but you can add a fridge slide as needed. If that's a dealbreaker, let us know and we could potentially make something. We're a full design shop from CAD to CNC.
5. We have a Slide Out Table option. V1 is currently being improved in our new V2.
6. Modular - we've got one of the most modular systems on the market. We have a 1/2 width option that is now live for the 100.
7. The SS1 ranges in price quite a bit since it's so modular, but the common "Premier Package" that we offer is $1,900. That gets you dual drawers and the sleeper with our beauty panels on the drawer faces.

If I tried to summarize options quickly:

1. Corporate drawers. ARB, Dobinsons, Drifta, etc.... They're all sheet metal and plywood, far as I know. Very similar in design overall. All are heavy and have kitchen-type drawer slides with tiny ball bearings and limited travel. They look good thanks to pre-cut carpet and plastic end caps, but fall short on drawer travel, lock out failures, static wings, wasted space, etc...

2. Mid-range options: I think ADGU falls in this category and we think we have the best offering out of the group - especially if you're using it as a sleeper. Our storage system offers a totally flat sleeper area - no blankets to shove in crevices or pillows to jam in large gaps. We offer industrial ball bearing slides with large bearings - important because tiny sand and dirt won't leave your drawers feeling like sticky sandpaper unlike the corporate options above. Those industrial slides on our system are also 100% extension with lock in and lock out.

3. High-end. Trekboxx lives alone here, IMO. I couldn't knock it if I tried. Exceptional build quality, but of course it comes with the price tag to match. I'm not sure how well-suited that system is to sleeping.

Hopefully that helps and hopefully you take a look at our offerings. We're engaged enthusiasts plugged into the community and its events and always looking to help you enjoy your vehicle a little bit more.

If you have any questions or want to chat on the phone about the ADGU SS1 system please reach out via email or phone. Happy to review details and current delivery timing.

-Andy
720-335-5991

View attachment 2761661

View attachment 2761664

My Land Shark Outfitters REEF drawer setup has served me well.

I like this kitchen set up from ARB. Coming to the US soon. RDK1045 is the one that will fit the 100/200.

Last edited:
I like this kitchen set up from ARB. Coming to the US soon. RDK1045 is the one that will fit the 100/200.

Wow that is badass!! I wonder how hard that would be to replicate the Ute style slide kitchen in a DIY setup..

I have the off-the-shelf IronMan drawers. When I got them last year with the Wing Kit I believe I paid right around 800 so it was a heck of deal at the time. It looks like they have gone up a bit since then but still close to a grand using coupon code GEARUP25. They do hold a lot of gear. The wing kit is a little thin but has held up so far. One of the things I do not like about these drawers is that they do not lock open when extended so if you are pointed down hill the drawers will close
Drawers.JPG

I have the off-the-shelf IronMan drawers. When I got them last year with the Wing Kit I believe I paid right around 800 so it was a heck of deal at the time. It looks like they have gone up a bit since then but still close to a grand using coupon code GEARUP25. They do hold a lot of gear. The wing kit is a little thin but has held up so far. One of the things I do not like about these drawers is that they do not lock open when extended so if you are pointed down hill the drawers will close
View attachment 3004323
Yes they work great! I took mine out from my truck before selling it. You can buy mine if you want to save some: For Sale - Madison, WI: Twin Drawer Storage System - Ironman 1000mm - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/madison-wi-twin-drawer-storage-system-ironman-1000mm.1274645/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom