2021 200 going to be sitting for 6+ Months? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a major spine surgery on Monday morning and still in the hospital recovering. I changed the oil (9750mi), greased the 6 zerks, filled the truck up with non ethanol gas, and plugged it in to a battery tender.

Do you all think there is anything else advisable to do while it sits in the garage for a bit?

Thank You, WHB III

Pour a can of sea foam in the gas tank. Otherwise it should be fine (probably fine without it but I use it anytime mine sit for 6+ months and I use ethanol gas just fine that long or even over a year).

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Pour a can of sea foam in the gas tank. Otherwise it should be fine (probably fine without it but I use it anytime mine sit for 6+ months and I use ethanol gas just fine that long or even over a year).

I hope you have a speedy recovery!
Absolutely do not put seafoam in a brand new truck. Screw that.

Your truck is fine. Many a 200 has sat on dealer’s lot for more time than that. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Absolutely do not put seafoam in a brand new truck. Screw that.
Interesting perspective. You say that like it will hurt the engine? We live out of the country and have used it for years in everything we leave for months at a time. That includes a GT500 and a Lincoln Navigator, and, well, everything else. I've never seen a bad review of the product as a fuel stabilizer but I'm happy to learn if you care to share.

I have actually been told by a Yamaha Rep very similar, on a new boat not to put seafoam in until the engine has 250+ hours on it is still trying to seat some things in the engine. Oddly enough Yamaha makes or buys a very similar cocktail and it says not fo use with new engines. So might be something to it!?!?

Thank you all!

I would say you are covered just as you prepared the truck. Might have some flat spots in the tires but they will come out eventually when you drive again.

Any rodent issues where you have it parked? I never assume a garage is rodent free.

It will be fine sitting. Our 2016 was on the dealer lot for over a year. Based on the layer of grime and dirt i'd guess it wasn't started in at least 6 months. Good luck in surgery!

Interesting perspective. You say that like it will hurt the engine? We live out of the country and have used it for years in everything we leave for months at a time. That includes a GT500 and a Lincoln Navigator, and, well, everything else. I've never seen a bad review of the product as a fuel stabilizer but I'm happy to learn if you care to share.
There is no need to put a can of petroleum distillates designed to remove build up in a new truck. Gas does not go bad in 6 months in a full tank. My weedwacker runs fine on 2 year old gas that sat in a garage. Further, while “recommended” by some, there is an equal number of reports indicating that Seafoam does more harm than good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom