2020 Southern Expeditions - Overland Challenge - November 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

ONSC Family,

Do we know anyone that competed in this race in 2019? I am considering for 2020 and want to understand how it compares to the 36 hr race. Easier, same, harder, way harder - just thinking about prep and the amount of time needed.

@Izzyandsue - did you attend the 2019 Overland Challenge?

And is anyone else putting a team together.

Thank you,

I didn’t. My understanding of the 2020 is that it will be simpler, Big Creek type of event for a day vs 36 hrs. But the design still morphing

I would be open to being a co-pilot !!

We are thinking of running more than one truck. Too have fun versus balls to the wall like 36 hr races.

Signed up. Running with guys from Hickory. They have a Jeep. I am running the 2004 100. SO excited.

Interesting.

I was thinking about doing it, but will probably have to wait until next year. It looks like a good time.

Anyone else running this in November

Came in 2nd overall. Completely messed up a trail sequence challenge. It was so bad, the organizer called it an etch a sketch. We had alot of fun and people from all over. BFG gave away a set of tires in the raffle and a set to 3rd, 2nd and 1st place in the actual event. @izzyandsue I have some offline stories for you.

We did almost every trail in 2wd. It was absolutely crazy how capable the jeeps were. Also, we recovered a jeep on it's side on the front side of daniel, the second ledge. Having 5 people really helps with recovery time.

I highly recommend the event. It is so much fun and not is intense as 36 Hours. Lots of down time, meeting people and hanging at the camp sites.

Came in 2nd overall. Completely messed up a trail sequence challenge. It was so bad, the organizer called it an etch a sketch. We had alot of fun and people from all over. BFG gave away a set of tires in the raffle and a set to 3rd, 2nd and 1st place in the actual event. @izzyandsue I have some offline stories for you.

We did almost every trail in 2wd. It was absolutely crazy how capable the jeeps were. Also, we recovered a jeep on it's side on the front side of daniel, the second ledge. Having 5 people really helps with recovery time.

I highly recommend the event. It is so much fun and not is intense as 36 Hours. Lots of down time, meeting people and hanging at the camp sites.
I bet! Love to hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom