Events/Trails 2020 ONSC Christmas Party @ The Barn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GarnerFJ40

2020-2022 ONSC President
Threads
All,

The scheduled 2020 ONSC Christmas Party for December 4-6th is still on, however, due to the changes in Phases for North Carolina, and the maximum capacity for gatherings currently set for 100, we're going to do a sign up list for a first come first served basis. This will mitigate if NC goes more restrictive in the next few weeks, and we can select the correct number of attendees. Currently, they're suggesting no more than 10 for indoor gatherings for Thanksgiving, but as this is outdoors, we can follow the current guidelines.

The Monks are setting requirements that masks be worn while in the Barn and social distancing is adhered to. Use your best judgement in making sure you haven't come into contact with anyone, or show signs of the 'Rona, if attending.

The link to the signup list is listed below, but you'll need the access code to get there. I'll update this post on 17NOV2020 @ 1200 with the code to give everyone the chance to view the post, and be ready to signup.

I messed up and double-booked a family trip on these dates :/

Will try to get up Friday for the night.

I'll be in town but like Johnny have a family thing so not sure if I can make it.

Governor Cooper’s latest Executive Order, issued November 10, 2020, which extended the current Phase 3 while amending section 5.1 of Executive Order No. 169 to reduce the capacity of “publicly accessible indoor facilities” to no more than ten (10) people indoors. Since the Barn is private space, these orders likely do not apply, however, this is merely a technicality that does not mitigate any of the risks associated with the spread of Covid-19. And it is primarily due to these risks that Linda and I will decline attending the Xmas party this year. We will miss you all and wish you all a safe and happy holiday.

how about we mix it up a little: 2020 ONSC Christmas protest.

All, I’m on my phone so I’m not going to change the original post but the code is 6672 (ONSC) on the phone.

I talked to Kenny last night and he stated 25 paid members and their families. Firewood is needed before had, but I’ll expand on the thread once I get to laptop.

shall we bring wood? or do we need to chop up some stuff there?

Some notes on the event itself:

DIRTY SANTA: You know the deal. Bring a wrapped present - great, terrible, funny, you name it!
SANTA: As in prior years, the REAL santa will be there to give presents to kids that "BELIEVE" so please sign up your kids asap so we can make sure Santa has enough gifts!
Just talked to Kenny, anyone that can come on Friday, please do. If you're able to help, we'll grab some wood at the lake house and bring it to the barn to split, and get set up.

PLEASE SIGN UP on the signup genius ASAP so that we can plan for the food. We will be providing a partially catered Saturday dinner and as usual folks will slave away and make a hearty Sunday breakfast, so we need an accurate count of attendees as soon as possible.

Some notes on the event itself:

DIRTY SANTA: You know the deal. Bring a wrapped present - great, terrible, funny, you name it!
SANTA: As in prior years, the REAL santa will be there to give presents to kids that "BELIEVE" so please sign up your kids asap so we can make sure Santa has enough gifts!
Just talked to Kenny, anyone that can come on Friday, please do. If you're able to help, we'll grab some wood at the lake house and bring it to the barn to split, and get set up.

PLEASE SIGN UP on the signup genius ASAP so that we can plan for the food. We will be providing a partially catered Saturday dinner and as usual folks will slave away and make a hearty Sunday breakfast, so we need an accurate count of attendees as soon as possible.
That answer question about the grill. haha, thanks!

Thanks everyone to put this together as much i will like to go i will not be able to do it. I hope everyone have very nice holidays and safe wheeling. We will see you on the m&g next year if there is one.

^ John at the x-mas party:

1606229310418.png

Hey Guys, Fairly new to the area and new to this forum. can someone explain this event to me please, or maybe a link to where its described. I would love to attend.
Thanks,
Izat

Hey there! Typically we would have a big string of activities for this event listed, things like a pot luck or a Chili competition. We'd also leave the invitation open for anyone to attend and send out the information on where the event is located.

As you know, covid is different.....

That said, here's a brief explanation of ONSC events in general:

Three major types of events:
  1. The wheeling/major events like the Carolina Relic Run and Logans Run - these are planned well in advance, cost $ to attend and involve sponsors, catered meals, and a weekend of fun events and literally thousands in prizes.
  2. Smaller group outing events - organized by members. These vary, but popular locations in the mountains and on the NC shore are visited by groups, limited signups and various costs
  3. ONSC "parties". We have the Xmas party and the annual "Meet and Greet" - both of which are typically held at "the barn" which is a location off River Road in Troy (near Uwharrie)

As far as the category 3 events - they typically start on a Thursday or Friday and end on a Sunday. The barn is a powered/water/stove heated building with open ends for circulation, there are stoves and fridges and some limited sleeping locations in the barn. Typically most folks tent or trailer camp in the grounds surrounding the barn. There are close by the fire/fun spots to camp as well as plenty of secluded spots a short walk away from the noise. There are outlets that you can plug in, there's a porta potty, but no flushing toilets or showers. With prior years, Santa has visited and given presents to the kids and we have done a pot luck. This year we are ordering catered BBQ from a local establishment, and encourage folks to bring dessert/drinks/apps as well as a wrapped dirty santa gift.

We would also typically go onto the Uwharrie trails for maintenance, but that program is on hold for the time being. So, we'll go ride the trails over the weekend instead........

The event sign up is above. Use the code from Brian's post above to sign in and let us know you're coming.

...or a bunch of yokels who like drinking and wheeling drink too much, exchange dirty presents, camp a bit, Sean builds a huge fire, everyone wakes up too hungover, there’s a lot of bacon, repeat annually.

Oh and Kenny and Lydia are friggen awesome people.

I wasn’t paying attention to the dates...I’ll be out elsewhere that weekend teaching wilderness survival skills to Scouts. Whatever ends up happening, hope everyone has a good time and a happy and safe holiday season!

...or a bunch of yokels who like drinking and wheeling drink too much, exchange dirty presents, camp a bit, Sean builds a huge fire, everyone wakes up too hungover, there’s a lot of bacon, repeat annually.

Oh and Kenny and Lydia are friggen awesome people.
This was my present to you!
Amazon product ASIN B071NRT7YN
you know you need one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom