2020 Heritage - ADD Running Boards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very stoked on my Dissent Step Sliders on my HE.
0422A55D-0E89-4031-880E-CE7DFCC1D4C5_1_201_a.jpeg
33402A25-D409-4F2C-BAE4-AEECD44BDDFF_1_201_a.jpeg

Fake news. Here’s my non Heritage truck. It has Slee sliders not running boards. But this pic shows the exact same angle. Tell your dealer he ought to be at least remotely familiar with Toyota’s most famous truck.
View attachment 2121992

What size tires and what are they? Nitro TG’s?

what a slap in the face!

I know this Heritage spare discussion is old, but the BBS wheels are put on in the US. All Heritage models leave Japan with 5 stock rims. Not sure if it’s the port or a warehouse or what, but all those zero mile 2019-2020 stock takeoff LC rims are here in the US for sale cheap. I have 4 of them

I know this Heritage spare discussion is old, but the BBS wheels are put on in the US. All Heritage models leave Japan with 5 stock rims. Not sure if it’s the port or a warehouse or what, but all those zero mile 2019-2020 stock takeoff LC rims are here in the US for sale cheap. I have 4 of them

Where did you find them for cheap? I’d like to buy a set to update my ‘13.

This guy on eBay has tons of them. His company is the supplier partner for the BBS wheels for Toyota (on the heritage) - this is shipping included and you might be able to offer less

D3C42FB9-46CF-43AB-93D3-ADEA04E35751.jpeg

If I remember correctly the wheels will bolt up but the center caps won’t fit on the front with earlier model hub nut covers. You can run 16+ covers to get the center caps to fit.
Do your research because I’ve been wrong about stuff before.. but for some reason this is coming up. Possibly because I was looking at putting 16+ wheels on my 13 before I eventually bought rock warriors.

If I remember correctly the wheels will bolt up but the center caps won’t fit on the front with earlier model hub nut covers. You can run 16+ covers to get the center caps to fit.
Do your research because I’ve been wrong about stuff before.. but for some reason this is coming up. Possibly because I was looking at putting 16+ wheels on my 13 before I eventually bought rock warriors.
Found this from another page, you could ask Sqirrrl for sure but looks like it should work.
View attachment 1659623 Im staying with in spec on my rig. No spacers and no UCA as my suspension in the front is 40mm in lift. I do believe the 2016 + wheels sit out 4-6 mm further out than previous LC wheels.
I don’t like the trimming of plastic in the wheel well to get a look. I’m more go than show I guess. Good luck brah!

You sand a tiny amount of the plastic off the front center cap back side. 20 seconds with a makita rotary sander and very coarse grit took care of it for me. Rears snap in without modification

currently (today) taking my slee steps/sliders off my old 2014 and putting them on my new 2020 HE. Toyota dealer who is doing the swap (they took my 2014 trade towards the 2020 HE) said they needed to order something from Slee to make it work. Once i get the rig back i'll find out what they ordered exactly and post up some photos

currently (today) taking my slee steps/sliders off my old 2014 and putting them on my new 2020 HE. Toyota dealer who is doing the swap (they took my 2014 trade towards the 2020 HE) said they needed to order something from Slee to make it work. Once i get the rig back i'll find out what they ordered exactly and post up some photos

Only thing they’d need would be rivnuts for some extra mounting locations that aren’t stock holes. And, a drill bit and rivnut tool. But, they can get those locally also.

This guy on eBay has tons of them. His company is the supplier partner for the BBS wheels for Toyota (on the heritage) - this is shipping included and you might be able to offer less

View attachment 2386997
Wow, he is selling them for $89 a wheel!

Wow, he is selling them for $89 a wheel!
Yeah - shipping included. And with 2 years of Heritage Edition, he's going to have a bunch more than he even expected. I don't know what UPS charges him to ship each wheel, but they are being sold very very cheap.

Perfect time to get rock sliders........... for the wife of course.....

Honestly, unless the steps are FREE...night make more sense getting sliders anyway. With grippy surface options, they can make a great step in addition to protective function...
:meh:

Last edited:
Stock running boards are tiny, discrete and functional, if you're not expecting to bash up the truck. They tuck better and are smaller than most sliders, however clearly not functional as such.

I needed to re-add them for a bit, once the Lift/uca's/dd and tires were done, so that getting in and out was acceptable, and it was still a hop for my tiny wife and helpful for me, and I'm tall. By lifting and tires, you're adding several inches, that is enough, with out proper sliders or oem boards, to wreck a seat bolster in quick fashion.

Running boards are the way to go in the short term, grab a set of take off's, keep your eyes peeled for group buys or deals on sliders.

Not everyone runs their stuff, running boards may suffice.
Running boards are MUCH lighter than sliders and protect bodywork from flying gravel a lot better as well. If you dont need sliders I wouldn’t even consider them.

Where are they for sale, and for cheap?

Where are they for sale, and for cheap?
They are for sale in Texas. Shipping would probably be free to Seattle but not Iceland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom