2020 Club Meeting at Eastwood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PAToyota

Keystone Cruisers
SILVER Star
Threads
Those at the annual breakfast heard the discussion about having a meeting at Eastwood in Pottstown, PA again this year. I'd look for a date in April or May (depending on availability) and they generally want to see at least a dozen people to reserve a date.

Last year we met there in early April. We met at a local restaurant, the Ice House, for lunch (our server, Annette, was wonderful!) and then went over to Eastwood. We spent some time looking around the store at their products and then went into their studio for a brief meeting and then a demonstration of their rust treatment options - conversion coatings, encapsulators, and such. Then back out to the store, socializing, and headed our separate ways.

The Ice House had typical lunch fair: pizza, cheesesteaks/hoagies, wraps, sandwiches, and salads with an assortment of beers and desserts if you're so inclined.

Icehouse.jpg

The studio is where Eastwood shoots their YouTube videos and made a good backdrop for the presentation.

eastwood-002-of-4-png.1946265

eastwood-004-of-4-png.1946267

This morning a couple ideas for a presentation were powder coating, welders/plasma cutters, and metal forming (English wheel, planishing hammer, bead roller type stuff). If people have other ideas, let me know and I can talk to Eastwood about the options.

Post up if you're interested and I'll see what I can put together with them.

Last edited:
I’m interested...

because I was stubborn and drove my 40 on Saturday to the club breakfast meeting, I got a little salt on it. I went out and looked at it today and the tub is now rusting off and the frame has turned to Swiss cheese!!!

Eastwood to the rescue!!!

I'm still waiting for a reply from Eastwood. I'll let people know when they get back to me with some potential dates.

I’m interested...

because I was stubborn and drove my 40 on Saturday to the club breakfast meeting, I got a little salt on it. I went out and looked at it today and the tub is now rusting off and the frame has turned to Swiss cheese!!!

Eastwood to the rescue!!!
I once bought an '83 40 from Cool Cruisers in TX who first refused to sell it to me bc i lived in a "salt state" (MN) at the time. (He eventually relented when he couldn't find another buyer.) For 12 years it went into a garage in November and didn't come out until late May or after two good rainstorms. Never any rust.

Sounds like fun.

Do you think they will demo plasma cutters and Tig welders. I'm in the market.

Subscribing, would love to make it up again. I'd be interested in a metalworking demo (anything from welding patch panels to learning how to bend up your own curves and radii - I will have to patch/weld my hard top someday.

I've been having some issues connecting with them. Just sent another message to see if I can get a response.

I'll check in on the metalworking/plasma/welding topic.

Depending on the date, I would be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom