2020 Christmas Party! (Saturday, Nov 28, time and location TBD) Looking for COVID-friendly options! Post up here! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AJAEbj42

Gathering Speed....
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.ajae.ca
Hey Cruiserheads,

Annual Christmas party for members and guests. Paid members are free, guests are $20.

Given our changing COVID conditions, we may be forced to hold an outdoor event.

Post up your ideas.

Here's mine

1) Poker Run along the Chilliwack Bench Road, truck-play in the gravel pit, BBQ and Raffle out at Foley Lake

If we are alowed indoors; I'm going to inquire with Old Abbey Ales Brewery/Tasting room; bring food in and book the place for ourselves for 8pm. Sandman Inn and Denny's across the street for overnighters.

So I heard back from Abbey Ales.

Not so good news:

"
Of course. Max we could do with a group would be 15-20 and the space would have to be rented for a flat rate of 500$.

Emily Rees-Howlett

Tasting Room Manager

I suspect we'll have equal difficulty finding space that is large enough for 30 people and with the larger spaces but smaller crowds, those that have spaces aren't going to rent them for free.

I think we need to pursue the out-door option, perhaps at Foley?

Bill, you can drive on pavement along Chilliwack Lake Road to the Chipmunk turn-off; park your car there (it is a very wide spot where folks park their trucks/trailers to quad); and someone can pick you up on the way into Foley if you like; I'll leave my front seat open! :beer:

1604438700174.png

Well, the COVID situation gets worse.

So, we're definitely NOT meeting INDOORS for our Christmas Party.

Technically as of this past Saturday, we shouldn't be meeting outdoors either for the next couple of weeks, so let's play this by ear and see if the rules change by the end of November.

I can't make the meeting and technically it should be online only I suppose given the new rules.

I can set up an MS Teams meeting if you like. I'll send out the invite; you'll need a MS account or perhaps we can hijack Garry's online meeting service again?

:beer:

Andrew scouted Foley for me yesterday; says it will work fine, he took his Ford, it's 2WD from the Chipmunk junction to Foley. Of course if we get a dump of snow in the next while that will change. There's some mud to play in and puddles up there for folks that want to.

Hey Cruiserheads,

Given our current health rules for 'no gatherings', I'd like to defer this a couple of weeks if we can. The restrictions are not due to be lifted for at least a couple of weeks, so let's keep an eye on this and the weather and be flexible.

We may have a 'short notice' for this event but will be on a Saturday and at Foley Lake.

Thanks for your understanding.

I have most of the prizes for our missed monthly meeting ready to roll. Not sure if we want to put them off for Jan or use them for our impromptu xmas gathering?

Pete, let's try to include the prizes in a December meet up. Dr. Henry says that Dec 5 is the next review of 'social meeting conditions', so I hope that we will be able to meet on Dec 12 at Foley.

Some of you may be wondering why we can't just meet outside; perhaps it's a bit paranoid, but out of respect for what we are trying to do, I think it's just the right thing to do now, to delay a bit longer. Just like if it was an Extreme Fire Season, you wouldn't want to be 'THAT GUY' that ventured off into the woods and started a fire by accident.

Thanks for your understanding.

Rob

P.S. Someone is getting that Fridge by the way before Christmas, even if I have to auction it off to the highest club member bidder! :)

The last one is a gooder!

Hi Everyone,

With the latest restrictions announced for COVID over the next few weeks, I'm afraid we will need to CANCEL our Christmas Party plans for this year. If COVID conditions improve, we can always host an event in 2021 as soon as we can.

Thanks for your understanding,
Rob

Thanks Rob, although it's bad news it's for the best. I'll wrap all the raffle prizes, give them to myself for christmas then regift them when we can meet in person in 2021 :rofl:

Due to covid-19, Coastal Cruiser's annual Christmas gathering was cancelled. Patti & I showed up by ourselves to at least light a fire to keep the tradition going.

Last edited:
Pete, you and Patti are troopers and we appreciate your ongoing support and contributions to Coastal Cruisers.
And while we're at it, how about all the time and energy Rob Schultz puts into keeping the club running. Others, too, like Greg B, Jason, Jeff S, Kim, Norm, Phil, Steve, and more. Your are the steadfast backbone of this club. Sorry if I left some out.
Merry Xmas and let's look forward to better wheeling in 2021.

Last edited:
Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to you all! Lets hope 2021 leaves 2020 in the dust...in a good way.

gb
Likewise to you. We have enjoyed the time spent with this club over 2020, and look forward to a far more 'normal' 2021. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes to All! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom