2020 blizzard pearl heritage edition- future paint peeling? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone...I'm new but have been reading posts here for a while.

I'm in the market for a new LC and have been strongly considering the heritage edition model. My preference is for the white version, but my buddy mentioned that there had been recent issues with the blizzard pearl paint peeling. Anybody hear about this or have insight? I wonder if this is an isolated event to older versions or to a specific manufacturing plant. I know that Rav4s seem to be affected the most.

Thanks.

Was it actually peeling? I recall reading that Toyota/Lexus white paint was single layer only without a gel coat. I could be wrong but I do recall something along those lines.

I heard there were issues with lexus. They were fixing the issues on 8 year old vehicles. I had a blizzard pearl lx470, and the paint was beautiful with 300k miles on it. I would buy with extreme confidence.

13 blizzard pearl with almost 150k on it checking in. No issues.

If the problem starts from the edge of rock chips and such clearbra would help a ton.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have actually not heard of any land cruisers with blizzard pearl paint jobs having issues...just other Toyotas with blizzard pearl. In fact, there appears to be an open repair process as shown below which includes 2019 models:

Maybe the blizzard pearl Land Cruisers have better paint application or are done in a different manufacturing plant?

67EF66A4-55AE-4878-B138-F88E7290B458.jpeg

No issues with paint 10 months

View attachment 2164084
No issues with paint 10 months

Well, the excrement from that Big Bird can really screw with your paint job!

For HE, you have only two choices...blizzard or black. IMO, black paint is FAR harder to keep clean than blizzard, esp if you take it off the beaten path! Black will show every little hairline scratch...i think just looking at it funny gives a new scratch! :D

Hello everyone...I'm new but have been reading posts here for a while.

I'm in the market for a new LC and have been strongly considering the heritage edition model. My preference is for the white version, but my buddy mentioned that there had been recent issues with the blizzard pearl paint peeling. Anybody hear about this or have insight? I wonder if this is an isolated event to older versions or to a specific manufacturing plant. I know that Rav4s seem to be affected the most.

Thanks.

I think your buddies experience was a one-off. I’ve never heard of Blizzard Pearl peeling on anY model. In fact, it’s even more durable due to it having a fourth paint layer (vs three on all the other colors) hence the $425 up charge. Blizzard Peal is a harder paint too.

If you need a quote on the HE, please text me, I have a few coming in Jan unspoken for. 317-385-9572

No paint problems on my 2013 Blizzard Pearl LC.

I think your buddies experience was a one-off. I’ve never heard of Blizzard Pearl peeling on anY model. In fact, it’s even more durable due to it having a fourth paint layer (vs three on all the other colors) hence the $425 up charge. Blizzard Peal is a harder paint too.

If you need a quote on the HE, please text me, I have a few coming in Jan unspoken for. 317-385-9572

It's reassuring that you haven't seen any issues with blizzard pearl paint peeling since you deal with large volume. At this point though, it's safe to say the issue does exist as you can see here:

A quick google search shows various stories as well. The internet does seem to magnify issues into bigger problems than they actually are though so it's probably not as bad as it seems.

Thanks gents.

no issues here on 2016 50k miles

My 2015 Blizzard Pearl no issues 46,000 miles, looks like new.

The blizzard paint peeling was a huge problem on the Lexus G470/460. Toyota/Lexus was repainting vehicles up until 2009, but I think 2010 models were still having issue. Again this was only on the GX and never heard anything about Toyota models.

Like one of the other members mentioned, these issues were with older model vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom