x (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had this fabricated for my rockers:

I don't have a picture of the finished product but it will be similar to this on my old 55:

You get new rocker panels and sliders and protection all in one package

Bobs done, isn’t he? I was playing with the idea of starting to draw some panels out in ironcad. I’ve used it for a sheet metal project for work recently and it is a great tool for going from idea to reality. Let’s you draw the shape you want using sheet metal models, add holes, notches, weldments, then click unfold and watch your shape turn into a flat sheet of specified thickness with all features locked into xyz coordinates for Cnc bending and cutting. That way, you remove the shop or worker from being a vector for failure, plus you can send your .dxf or other to any cnc shop hooked to a phone line.

Of course, if Bob has anything left, you know what to do...

1/8”, 1/4”, whatever it takes... I’ll bet bob can still have them done; maybe even in 1/4”... dude, you must got a carbon fiber spine, I’d think the “crumple” of the paper tin 1/8” rockers would be welcome compared to the post traumatic stress of NOT caving in a 1/4” rocker... my dose pesos. Looking forward to seeing the action pics!

Yeah they did. These days, the computer aids make fudging bent metal a firing offense. It’s all about the XYZs

Lil' John,

I have the old IPOR rockers on mine, they are 1/4" thick and run up under the front fender, where you have to trim the bottom of the fender.

I have Bob's...couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
I meant... in the absence of a TRUE artist...

From the bottom up, definitely. Because they mirror the contours of the OEM rockers, no side protection, though you could add extended tubing easily. Plenty of stout steel to take a weld. I'm a tourer and overlander, not a crawler, so not an issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom