2019 ONSC Meet and Greet - March 8-10 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Habenero Sculpin!
There was one night at Kenny's barn when 6-8 of us were still sitting around the fire when either @DeeRex or @CharlestonG8R (IIRC) produced a Habanero Sculpin to pass around. Like idiots, we all took a sip even after seeing and hearing the revulsion of all previous tasters. That was one of the few beers the barn has probably ever seen left voluntarily unfinished. Blech.

There was one night at Kenny's barn when 6-8 of us were still sitting around the fire when either @DeeRex or @CharlestonG8R (IIRC) produced a Habanero Sculpin to pass around. Like idiots, we all took a sip even after seeing and hearing the revulsion of all previous tasters. That was one of the few beers the barn has probably ever seen left voluntarily unfinished. Blech.
Was very bad! Not a fan! I blame @DeeRex

Really? Is it that hot? Fire Escape from APBC might be one of my favorites.

It wasn't specifically the spice or heat that killed it. It was just a mess. I had recently had the Stone pepper beer, and some others, and the HabScul was by far the worst.
It was an absolutely awful tasting beer. There's a few beers I have trouble finishing but one sip of haberno sulpin was enough for me.

Side car was gone very quickly! So that l would be a good one.

Habenero Sculpin!

tenor.gif

I'll need requests specific to Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., though. :)

Hop Hunter

perfect Johnny 🤣
I distinctly remember this being my reaction as well. I was in such shock that I took another sip. I mean surely it couldn't be as bad as I thought....yup....awful. Still to this day any time I hear Derek's name mentioned, this is all I can think of.

I hate to be missing this, poor Evan is really bummed too. ( I wonder if he thinks Lilly may be there)
We grownups will be out celebrating the 30th anniversary of my wife's 30th birthday and he will be home alone.

I'm out. Sorry guys.

LOL - I couldn't believe how bad that beer tasted. I actually came back with three bottles. No one wanted them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom