2019 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am on the market for a new LC...my 1st one. Does anybody know the differences on the 2019 compared to the 2018 LC? Thanks

There is no difference as The ‘19 is a carryover. You can get a left over ‘18 cheaper....

Yes, and no. Taxes are different. Accumulated depreciation changes.

2017/18/19 they just toggle a couple of "options" like the rear seat DVDs and mirrors folding on auto. I wish they brought the diesel to the US! (but they wont)

I believe the next remodel is going to look more like Prado. So - I decided to pull the trigger earlier this year. Found a leftover 2017 locally after nearly buying a dealer's 2018 demo.

So glad I did!!! This truck is unique in so many ways. I get up in the morning and want to drive it. The ride becomes even smoother and sweeter after the first ~5k miles.

--

Halloween 2018 => we bought a 2019 Toyota Land Cruiser Blue Onyx Pearl, $78,200 + $499 dealer fee. NO REAR ENTERTAINMENT CENTER, but it did come with 3rd row seats & could not get the dealer to remove them. We had an offer of $77,277 for a 2018 with both of those unwanted options, but it would have miles added to shuttle from out-of-state.

Halloween 2018 => we bought a 2019 Toyota Land Cruiser Blue Onyx Pearl, $78,200 + $499 dealer fee. NO REAR ENTERTAINMENT CENTER, but it did come with 3rd row seats & could not get the dealer to remove them. We had an offer of $77,277 for a 2018 with both of those unwanted options, but it would have miles added to shuttle from out-of-state.
Congrats on your new LC!

Any spec changes on the carryover?
There were a few spec changes from 17 to 18

Once upon a time, the US always got the good stuff. Can't see how this wouldn't sell given the Overlanding/off-road craze. Unobtainiam

3fb8abes-1920.jpg

Once upon a time, the US always got the good stuff. Can't see how this wouldn't sell given the Overlanding/off-road craze. Unobtainiam

3fb8abes-1920.jpg
Lots of people would rather save money for real upgrades than have ugly wheel arches, logos everywhere, crappy skid plates, and lower exhaust to get even more damaged.

Want flashy, but a Wragler or a Raptor. Land Cruisers are stealth wealth.

The stock truck grows on you. My 13 looked like a fat, ugly pig. I bought it anyway. Recently someone asked me how I got there. Did is I helo in and how come they did not hear the chopper? I said I came in the fat, ugly pig. It grows on you.

Lots of people would rather save money for real upgrades than have ugly wheel arches, logos everywhere, crappy skid plates, and lower exhaust to get even more damaged.

Don't disagree. Different strokes for different folks. I'm sure there's people out there that don't buy an LC because the pig is not loud enough. The media just might get it too if it didn't come so tame stock. Angry hippo rather than sleeping pig.

Perhaps this has more substance to your liking? Toyota builds em like this too. In diesel 4.5L flavor. Still unobtainiam for 2019.

_DSC8984%20(3).jpg

Don't disagree. Different strokes for different folks. I'm sure there's people out there that don't buy an LC because the pig is not loud enough. The media just might get it too if it didn't come so tame stock. Angry hippo rather than sleeping pig.

Perhaps this has more substance to your liking? Toyota builds em like this too. In diesel 4.5L flavor. Still unobtainiam for 2019.

_DSC8984%20(3).jpg
Yeah... I know brother. I really have to be better at just saying that whatever makes people happy is what matters.

I just... i just hate fake things. From non-functional hood scoops to Hi-lifts on 4x4s that don’t have steel to lift from. It’s like a girl that wears too much makeup, or a wanna be tough guy. It just fires me up.

I’ve ran the 4.5l diesel overseas for a few years, I blew two turbos between my seven LCs, so it left me with a bit of a sour taste. Plus they only got about 3 more miles to the gallon, and they aren’t nearly as good as powering up sand dunes.

If it were available in this country, yea I would get it, but I’m not really upset that I don’t have it.

3fb8abes-1920.jpg

I like that TRD version a lot.

I really like the fender flairs.

I think it still could use some better looking wheels and more aggressive tires. Other then that I think it's a great looking rig!

I have to say I agree with most of that. Those factory TRD upgrades won't be cheap, for mostly cosmetics.

Is the exhaust lower, though? Looks higher off the ground than the ugly single exit with resonator we get here.

3fb8abes-1920.jpg

I have to say I agree with most of that. Those factory TRD upgrades won't be cheap, for mostly cosmetics.

Is the exhaust lower, though? Looks higher off the ground than the ugly single exit with resonator we get here.

3fb8abes-1920.jpg
It is lower because it is not cross cut for ground clearance like the regular exhaust tip. Look at the top left picture.

All my hate aside, if anyone wants products like this, just check out the long running legit company Jaos. They ship to the US now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom