Builds 2019 GXOR 460 HB build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With all the weight being added to the truck now, seems I may need to start thinking about upgrading my Dobinsons lowest cost budget suspension option. I didn't plan to do as much as I now plan to do, which is why I initially went with the low cost Dobinsons set up. Open to suggestions here. Looking for something offroad capable, but won't be doing anything too extreme. Considering going with the MRR kit Dobinsons sells.

Last edited:
Stick with your brand and get the MRR's, you should be able to unload your current kit here, on GXOR or locally pretty easily. Here is a buddies recently installed kit.

mEEeWq2.jpg

Stick with your brand and get the MRR's, you should be able to unload your current kit here, on GXOR or locally pretty easily. Here is a buddies recently installed kit.

mEEeWq2.jpg

This looks great, yeah I'm going to place an order with Kyle. Was looking at the Ironman Foam Cell as well since its 20% off currently, but I've heard good things about this MRR set up.

I like my FCP's a lot but last I heard they were out of stock. My buddy got the MRR's from Kyle in under a week and he is very happy with them.

Would the MRR be considered one step above the basic Dobinsons kit or more like 2 steps? Sorry for the hijack! Thanks.

I would consider it two steps above.

Kyle was able to ship the new lift kit out today, stoked! So will have everything done next week. This will be a big build. Initially it was just going to be bumper/winch and skids, instead doing:

CBI bumper & front/rear aluminum skids
warn 9.5xps winch
Dobinsons MRR lift kit + upper control arms
BMC (although I might not need this with the new suspension -- adding about 1/2" of clearance.)
Dual Baja Designs light bars (new wind fairing with light bar cut out)
ARB safari snorkel
ARB dual compressor

Last major things on my list will be rear bumper and drawer system. Unfortunately the ones I want done are tough to communicate with due to the pandemic.

Last edited:
Kyle was able to ship the new lift kit out today, stoked! So will have everything done next week. This will be a big build. Initially it was just going to be bumper/winch and skids, instead doing:

warn 9.5xps winch
BMC (although I might not need this with the new suspension -- adding about 1/2" of clearance.)
ARB safari snorkel
ARB dual compressor

Last major things on my list will be rear bumper and drawer system. Unfortunately the ones I want done are tough to communicate with due to the pandemic.

Sounds like a nice second stage build. You'll love the ARB Dual Compressor, a must have on any rig IMHO. I would recommend getting the BMC done regardless, it doesn't hurt, it's cheap and easy and it'll allow for larger tires and more clearance in the future.

I have been considering a snorkel for these dusty gravel roads but I am still not sold on the look, I've never really been a fan.

I have been considering a snorkel for these dusty gravel roads but I am still not sold on the look, I've never really been a fan.

AlphaEQUIPT has a nice looking low profile option (but pricey) -- not sure if it's compatible with the 460 :Carbon Fiber Air Snorkel System - 5th Gen 4Runner I didn't see this one until my shop had ordered me an arb safari snorkel otherwise I would have reached out to Chris to ask about it. Love their wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: r2m
AlphaEQUIPT has a nice looking low profile option (but pricey) -- not sure if it's compatible with the 460 :Carbon Fiber Air Snorkel System - 5th Gen 4Runner I didn't see this one until my shop had ordered me an arb safari snorkel otherwise I would have reached out to Chris to ask about it. Love their wheels.
I notice that it's on a T4R and not a GX. Yea, we're all called 150 series, but I'm not sure if that snorkel will work on our rigs. :meh:
I do like the looks though! But it looks like the intake is sucked under the roof part. I know the traditional snorkels offer a "ram" type effect when at speed, but wonder if this would get the same effect with the way the intake is?

I notice that it's on a T4R and not a GX. Yea, we're all called 150 series, but I'm not sure if that snorkel will work on our rigs. :meh:
I do like the looks though! But it looks like the intake is sucked under the roof part. I know the traditional snorkels offer a "ram" type effect when at speed, but wonder if this would get the same effect with the way the intake is?

What he said. Same chassis but there are way too many differences between the 460 and 4Runner.

warn 9.5xps winch
ARB safari snorkel
ARB dual compressor

It looks like you’re in OC. Who are you having do the install?

I use Miyaki Motorsports. Its a bit of a drive (El Monte), but I love dealing with them. Experts on our rigs, very high quality, and extremely fair on prices. They always have a ton of GX's being worked on.
Good to hear that. That’s where I was planning on taking mine as well. Thanks!

Good to hear that. That’s where I was planning on taking mine as well. Thanks!

You're in good hands. I just dropped off my rig. Ryan always points out things you might not think of and is super detail oriented. He had several solutions on my build for problems I didn't even foresee. They have always gone above and beyond for me. Cool thing is they were installing a CBI bumper already, so I'm glad I'm not the guinea pig :).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom