2019 FJ-45 Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
2019 FJ-45 Run!!!!!

Sorry about the super late announcement.

I’ll keep it very simple;

Saturday Aug 31st thru Monday Sept 2nd
Deer Valley CA ( near Blue Lakes off highway 88 )
Bring whatever vehicle you want
No sign-ups, no entry fee, no formalities. Just bring your rig, the family, well behaved dogs, camping gear and food ...... and unwind and hang out with other Cruiser Heads.

This year will the the mellowest event yet. No raffle ( unless we get enough participant donations ) and no shirts.
Sorry, it’s just been too busy. But EVERYBODY is welcome to attend and hang out.
There will be a group going all the way they the trail and then run Slickrock and then back to camp on Sunday.

Happy to answer any questions.

Next year will be much “bigger”. It’ll also be the 20th annual 45-Run and my 50th birthday.

Hope to see you there!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

BC5A0456-76D6-48A4-A721-5DC00B9F001F.png

We are in. Taking the LV......hopefully. A lot to do but what else is new. We will get there. Looking forward to it especially since we missed last year. Who else is going?

Crickets.....
Anybody else going?

I'm in as long as I can kick this cold before then.

Mosquitos are bad... Super bad, I skipped camping at the meadow because I spent the 5 minutes after I got there swatting at myself. Bring bug spray and wear long sleeves and pants. Have the bug spray ready to go as soon as you stop. The meadow camping spots don't look like they've had much use this year so the grass is pretty high but someone did make some fun tree log and plywood tables and benches. The little bridge that used to cross the creek at the main fire pit finally got swept into the water and the creek has widened some.

Trail report:

Trail is in great shape from Blue Lakes out to the first water crossing. There are bypasses around the high flex areas and fresh rock laid down in what used to be the muddy spots. There shouldn't be anything that will keep the more stock vehicles out.

From the first water crossing on things are rough. Lots of dug out sections and loose boulders. To the second crossing is not super bad but expect to flex out your suspension and choose good lines for mildly built rigs. First crossing is deep. I would say the deeper part of the crossing will cover a 31 right now, I'll post a video and photos later today.

From the second crossing on things are a mix of loose dirt and boulders. Some good line choices should get most mildly to decently built rigs to flop rock. From flop rock out the the 4 gate keeper is rough but there are now multiple lines in most spots. Going out will be easier than coming in.

SLICKROCK TRAIL REPORT:
Slickrock was rerouted last year due to the loss of a private property easement. 3 new obstacles have been added on the lake Alpine side with only one having a true bypass. These new obstacles I would not recommend for smaller rigs or people afraid of using their skid plates, their bumpers, and possible body damage. They are currently Dusty and slippery and loose. I'll link some videos once I'm on my computer. Slickrock is now a true black diamond trail. Rear locker and 33 to 35 minimum recommended.

It is a lot of fun but it's not a trail for a stock vehicle anymore. You could likely still get a mildly built rig to silver Creek from the Utica side but you would probably have to head back out the same way or be willing to take the strap and winch on the harder sections. Last year @themachinist and I were stuck waiting for over an hour at an obstacle and saw no less then three vehicles have axle breakage (Dana 30's and lockers = boom) and one near flop due to bad driving.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update John. Hopefully you get better.

Thanks for the trail report John!
Bringing in 4 ~ 5 other rigs.
Called Amador Ranger District yesterday and no fire restrictions. Yet. They said to call back before we leave.
Will be monitoring 147.570 PL123 and the repeater that might be reachable at the camp site: NV7CV 147.330+ PL123

Is anyone coming up from SoCal? I would love to come up, but I'm from Newport Beach and I get lonely!

It would be just me myself and I. I've been looking for a place to go this weekend!

Mike

Georg, I've been looking on Google Maps for the place you are describing. Is there something else I can look for?

Also, if I were to come up I would be arriving Saturday afternoon, do you think I would be able to find you guys?

Thanks,

Mike

Is anyone coming up from SoCal? I would love to come up, but I'm from Newport Beach and I get lonely!

It would be just me myself and I. I've been looking for a place to go this weekend!

Mike

PM @stharris. I believe he’s coming up from San Diego.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom