2019 200 series acceleration lag since fuel pump replaced (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2019 200 series, 19K miles. We recently had the fuel pump replaced as part of the national recall. We had no acceleration issues prior to the fuel pump reinstall. The fuel pump replacement was installed by a Toyota dealership in Houston about 3 weeks ago. My wife has noted on several occasions since the reinstall that there is an acceleration lag - when she is trying to accelerate to get into traffic from a dead stand still - as if some relay is out of sync. This doesn't happen all the time - just occasionally. After the first foot pump, she tries again and it acts as it should. Being in Houston, predictable acceleration is important for basic survival on our gladiatorial roadways.

I searched this subject but didn't see any relevant links. I will take it back to the dealership - but in the event that the mechanic can't replicate the problem, I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and knows the cause and/or solution.

Thanks.

There is something about a reset of the transmission learning your driving style. I don’t know the exact details but might be due to some sort of factory reset. I think driving it slightly aggressive for a period of time tends to work that out.
Another guess is there is a transmission mapping update but I thought that was just 16-17 LC 200.
Could research both with search functions.
Those are my 2 best uneducated guesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom