2018 Shoot and scoot (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
Well, the year is rapidly coming to an end. One of the last events we are trying to slide in is the shoot and scoot event. Sunday the 16th. Meet up at the The Round Up for breakfast at 0800. Address is 26439 Highway 76, Santa Ysabel, CA 92070-9663, +1 760-782-2729
After that we will be heading out for some off roading to a favorite little shooting spot. If your coming here are some necessary items.

1. Hearing protection for all in your vehicle. There maybe be some foam ear plugs floating around but not as good as the electronic versions.
2. Make sure you bring your guns and ammo.
3. Suntan lotion...it's Socal after all.
4. Targets to shoot.
5. Most important... extra trash bags to assist in cleaning up the site after we are done. The EXTRA is for those who came to this area and DID NOT pick up after themselves.

Me and the misses will be doing a small safe handling class to those whom maybe first timers. This will happen before the range goes hot. Any questions please let me know. Hope we have a great turn out for this.

Last edited:
Where do you guys plan on shooting?

The location is out off S-22. Forgot the name of the spot. @Phulcrum , what was the name of the place again???

I dont know which spot you are talking about. sorry

Old Mine Road north off S-22 just as you enter Ranchita is where me and my dogs met you a couple years ago. Then we did a little wheeln and had lunch on Jasper Trail.

Old mine rd was the location I was eye balling for this trip.... maybe moved. Going to be calling tomorrow. Working on plan B and C!!!
upload_2018-12-4_22-29-19.png

Last edited:
Well, called the BLM office and all the closures are still in effect. Another spot to go shoot at over by fish creek and the railroad tracks, plan B, then Plan C is more offroading...darn it to a place on the south side of the mountain range. As for the food aspect. The Round Up said they would be open next Sunday at 7 am to feed us. I'll be closer to 9 to arrive as I'm getting off shift... see you there

So BLM is saying there is a chance to get a fire started in the middle of the desert where there is a lot of sand surrounded by more sand with a lot more sand around it?

Years ago we were told steel ammo is bad.
Everybody and their mother was checking ammo with magnets like mad people.
Now everything is bad?

Sorry, it just rubbed me the wrong way.
Not anyone's fault here of course.
I can't make it anyway because... I'm a family man. Priorities. :bang:

Well, called the BLM office and all the closures are still in effect. Another spot to go shoot at over by fish creek and the railroad tracks, plan B, then Plan C is more offroading...darn it to a place on the south side of the mountain range. As for the food aspect. The Round Up said they would be open next Sunday at 7 am to feed us. I'll be closer to 9 to arrive as I'm getting off shift... see you there

So nothing surrounding Joshua Tree (not the park itself, but BLM on the outskirts) is available anymore?

Shooting in Joshua tree is allowed in the BLM areas. The shooting in the BLM area of San Diego county mountains is not allowed currently.

I'm thinking I should skip this one. The FJ is still down and needs me.

Looking for the unlike button here... for @Phulcrum too.

Still thinking about heading up for this, still meeting for breakfast at 8?

Yeah... I'm trying to get off early so I can make the breakfast meeting time.

Sorry I did not see this post just now @slickdealmike , we started off at the Round Up in Santa Ysabel, more like lake Henshaw but that's the address. From there @Bluto Beluga and @Justin Zwick joined up with us and some friends that tagged along. We made out way out to the trail head and aired down for the trip. We ended up doing Arroyo Seco Del Diablo, Diablo's drop off and finally out to Fish creek. Once at the BLM lands for shoot we ate lunch and prepped our shooting fun. Once the range was set some simple commands everyone agreed for making a hot or cold range. After a few hours of bullet releasing fun we packed up and headed home. Great time and till the next trip...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom