2018 Land Cruiser Destination Club - Telluride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is someone starting a 2HIH event?

Looks narrow. How much exposure is there? Did Engineer Pass a few weeks ago from the Lake City side and it was mostly tame.

Pretty narrow and lots of exposure. It's not a hard trail but it will test your nerves. I would suggest doing it with people who have done it before. It's easy to take the wrong line without a spotter and have a bad day. Having said that, I've done it in a stock FJ60 and 100-series 3 or 4 times.

Last edited:
Now I see why Slee has abandoned the Hundreds In the Hills event as a sponsor. He's focusing on the more well-heeled customers and their event that is right after the HIH event.

Now I see why Slee has abandoned the Hundreds In the Hills event as a sponsor. He's focusing on the more well-heeled customers and their event that is right after the HIH event.
Perhaps this is the motivation. Never had a chance to attend the HIH. I do know that Cody, whom spearheads this thing, didn't want any sponsors, but Slee had been there from the start.

Cheers!

I have said this elsewhere on Mud as well. We have not abandoned any late model Land Cruiser. Also implying that we abandoned an event implies that we had an obligation to support it which we reneged on. Simply not the case.

80's and 100's are still very much a staple of our business. We developed products for it years ago and marketed those products where it best suited us. We are currently working on redesigns for some of our old legacy products for those vehicles.

We were the first supporter of HIH when it was about 10 guys, we had a good working relationship with Jonathan Harris that started it. At some point the event changed, what was required of sponsors changed and the expectations changed. For a variety of reasons we felt that spending marketing money on the HIH event became less important than what we were experiencing with the 200LCDC event, that is much more in line with how we want to market our products, when we are spending a large sum on a single event.

We support a large number of TLCA events throughout the country, like most businesses does in our market. That does not come free, so we have to decide where to apply our marketing money. For us it is to expose people to our new products that are new to the market.

I just wanted to put this out there again, since the notion that we don't support an event means we have "abandoned" a certain model of vehicle (and it's associated owners) is far from the truth.

@sleeoffroad I apologize for my flippant comment without actually having any substantive perspective on the situation or your business. It's your business and you must run it as you see fit and as the market conditions change. I am only a participant and occasional trail leader at the HIH event so my perspective is obviously skewed and biased.

@sleeoffroad I apologize for my flippant comment without actually having any substantive perspective on the situation or your business. It's your business and you must run it as you see fit and as the market conditions change. I am only a participant and occasional trail leader at the HIH event so my perspective is obviously skewed and biased.

Nicely written Marc.

I am sure you meant no harm with your post. I always get myself in a pickle, saying things that didn't come out the way I intended. The good thing is that your concern provided Slee Offroad with a chance to clear up any misunderstandings.

I'll tell you one thing, the Slee brand is stronger than ever and Amory and Jackson are highly respected among most of us yota drivers.

No sweat, I have just seen posts in a similar trend all over mud based on comments that were made in the HIH threads. Since we are not a sponsor and I don't feel it is my place to step into those treads and post, I just thought I would put our side of the story out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom