2018 GCC Spec GRJ79 LX build (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 1GR motor is also available in the 200 series in several overseas markets. If it can push a 200 it should be fine in a light pickup. Plus the 1GR. Stats are more impressive then a 1HZ or 1FZ. Parts are easy to get here in the states too. ( a supercharger is also available🤔)

Is it Atkinson cycle engine?

Edit: My bad...there is no 1GR variant with Atkinson.

Last edited:
Get back to my build, mainly wiring up the dash, installing the cooling system and completing the AC system and she’s done. Doing a little “repinning” today and can’t figure out how to release the wires, already removed the retaining clip. Anyone have an idea? You can see the two ends still stuck in the connector
EC93BA41-6117-4594-AAE9-BEC682BC1526.jpeg
12128544-8CB5-46E8-9813-FA0DB04C0100.jpeg
7EB15A88-D13C-4992-8E36-296C19D9A443.jpeg
F8516556-A4C3-43FD-ABAC-483D7820F4A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone know how to pull these terminals?

Thanks Matt, now I just need to figure out which terminal type I have.

If you don’t already have a set of these get some as they are very helpful for this type of work
Amazon product ASIN B0922GF9W8
This video shows a cutaway of a connector. It shows how the tabs hold the pins in the connector and how to release them.

I copied your photo and added circles to the tabs inside the connector. The part circled in red is the tab that holds the connector in place. You’ll need to use a pin removal tool or something small enough to push down on the tab circled in blue. Like it’s shown in the above post.

ED3E1570-6382-484B-A6D7-B6460371DF6D.jpeg

Your dash looks so much more tidy than mine… I may need another visit to learn from the master.

“When it cools down“ might be December here in central Texas!

image.jpg

Finished wiring up the dash, converted from RHD to LHD, addEd power antenna, microphone, USB port and rear speakers. Will wrap up the dash once it cools down here in Texas

Last edited:
Hello friend,

I drive a 99 camry le v6 jjp and have a burnt wire terminal for one of the slots in my connector with same housing part number
90980–11615 or 90980-11852

I was wondering if you can provide me the terminal type info / part number and where to buy.

I need to fix my car to get to work next week :(

Hello friend,
What wire terminal type did you end up using for that connector housing?

I have the same connector housing on my 99 camry and need to replace the burnt wire terminal in one of the pins.

Vid of what's happening to my car:

Meh. Not sure how to edit my above post. Thought I had lost my original message and retype it. Hence the reduncy.

Anywho, I am looking for a wire terminal that will insert correctly into that housing. It's for my 99 Camry ignition switch

I’ll take a look in my wire box and see what I have.

Updating the 79 build. Just completed the front axle rebuild, waiting on new OEM soft brake lines which have been on back order for months. Once I get the lines just need to bleed the brakes and clutch drop in a battery and fire it up.

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Jeff, the soft lines are in stock on Partsouq!

I’ll take a look in my wire box and see what I have.

Updating the 79 build. Just completed the front axle rebuild, waiting on from OEM soft brake lines which have been on back order for months. Once I get the lines just need to bleed the brakes and clutch drop in a battery and fire it up.
I just bought some of these terminals. Hopefully it will work

Got a question, got new Asian locking hubs to replace the full time flanges on my non ABS HZJ axles. These axles are from a 2009. Is there two different length axles? I used a bolt and pulled the axle out but it’s not even close to being able to put the C clip on.
image.jpg

You need 60120 birfields.

And don't even try to force them on. They are 1 spline different count and will wreck freehubs. Ask me how I know.

Got it figured out, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom