2017 Toyota LandCruiser 70 Series ute review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Report two wasn't very favorable when it comes to highway performance, which would be a big strike against it for the speed demons in the US.

I was surprised to see so many negative comments from Aussies after report 1. Guess people just like to complain. Clearly it's an outstanding work truck.

The more we can't have one the better it is. The V8 diesel 7x clearly has shortcomings but I really don't care. I'd write a check tomorrow if I could own one in the good old USA.

The more we can't have one the better it is. The V8 diesel 7x clearly has shortcomings but I really don't care. I'd write a check tomorrow if I could own one in the good old USA.

A big check could get the engine alone transplanted in a new Toyota here. There is a local Toyota diesel conversion company two miles from my house that has claimed to install one into a Tundra. Their main focus seems to be D4D four bangers though.

They don't seem that pleasant to talk to unless you are a paying customer or stand there waving a big fat check in front of them.

That engine is illegal on US public roads as it has not been emissions-certified for sale here. It has to be over 25 years old.

IF I had one I'd chain the hood shut.

That engine is illegal on US public roads as it has not been emissions-certified for sale here. It has to be over 25 years old.

IF I had one I'd chain the hood shut.
Speeding is illegal on U.S. public roads yet most of us try it. :)

Speeding doesn't usually get your vehicle confiscated and crushed.:)

Speeding doesn't usually get your vehicle confiscated and crushed.:)
Please don't interject facts and logic into an otherwise entertaining thread. Outside of a school zone, I can't speed in my 70 Series anyway. :)

Sorry Charles. I don't know what came over me....:doh:

:rimshot:

The 7* series is hard to fault as it doesn't really have any true competition. The G wagen, Nissan Patrol and Landrover all had 4 cyl engines.
It was a shame they had to stop using the 1HD FTE. They need to fix the rear track so it aligns with the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom