2017 Swap Meet Volunteers and Equipment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaleAle

MUD-aholic
SILVER Star
Threads
This thread is for posting up volunteer duties and whatever equipment you can bring, such as canopies, tables, chairs, trash cans (do they have some/enough on the premises already?), trash bags, traffic cones, PA system (ahem...Ed), etc.

I am looking for 3 volunteers to arrive 1 hour early to line and set-out the trash cans.

I need 1 volunteer to help keep an eye on the trash situation during the meet in case we need to remove a full bag and re-line a can, or relocate a can to a more strategic spot based on observed traffic patterns.

I also need 4 volunteers to empty the trash cans and gather and load the full trash bags into Jeff's truck afterwards.

I assume that everyone will stick around afterwards to help make sure we return the premises to the condition in which we found them, or better.

I can bring the following:
- 12x12 canopy
- 4ft folding table
- 4 director style chairs
- Trash bags (Jeff do you know what size we will need if we use their cans?)

I will certainly be there on the early shift. I have three thrash barrels at the house I will bring and they take the full size lawn leaf bags. Home Depot contractor bags work well and they are thick and strong. I have plenty of those if you want to use mine. I'll bring my heavy gauge 100ft power cord and splitter end for multiple 110 outlets. We ran power from the tennis courts last year to the main central HQ stand in the middle. I can bring tables too and can be a default option for a lot of the stuff as the need arises being so close

I can also do a final sweep the next day to double check we left everything in good shape. Especially if people camp overnight. If people want to drink and be merry, camping is encouraged. I have a few beds available at the house too.

I don't think we are doing a meeting. It looks like a stump is likely to be out of the Colorado trip also. Not for sure, but he is likely to be at the Sept meeting so details can be hashed over then.

I have 2 10x10 popups and can bring some tables and folding chairs.
I don't think I can get there early but can help out wherever. keep an eye on trash cans and flip some burgers general what ever.

I have a 10x10 popup and a table.

I will not be able to attend. Will be out of state.

So missed the last meeting... Can someone post the hours of the event? I don't think I will be able to make it till 2ish (have a class in AM.) But happy to help anyway I can.

I'll be there in the morning and am still planning on getting the burgers, dogs, buns, etc. Still need to get up with Jeff to confirm what supplies we still have from last year.

I will be there early to whenever. I will bring the club spatula and tongs and trashbags. I think we need coolers and ice. I will bring a decent size cooler, but one or 2 like Steve's big fishing cooler would be ideal.
Patrick, @iptman lete know of you need me to grab some of the food Friday on my way home from work.

I can bring my big cooler and I will fill it with ice on my way in.

I have plenty of coolers of all sizes. I'll just wait and see what we are short on and can always pop back to the house and grab it. Sign is up and weather looks great. I'll be there all day.

IMG_2977.JPG

I made the Restaurant Depot run today. I'll be there around 9:00 and will have to leave around 2:00.

GREAT! What do you need from us?
I might be restating the obvious, but, we got plates and napkins, at least, right? Do we need to get soda/juice/water?

We have left over foil sheets from last year. Napkins? You mean shirt sleeves? I got soda, tea and water, no juice boxes but that's probably a good idea for the kiddos. I'll pick some up.

Anyone in the club have a drone?

I'm fairly sure you cannot legally fly a done inside the beltway. Not within a 30 mile radius (IIRC) of DC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom