2017 Portsmouth Island trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn I barely got mentioned

All this time I thought it was all about you.
You really are in love with yourself, I thought it was just a Summer fling.

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the crew from Circle Loverland. Deb was awesome! She brought some mighty tasty snacks for the group and she even defeated the initiation test of the Cement Mixer by applying simple logic. Her truck had a couple hiccups towards the end of the trip but someone got her fixed up and on her merry way Sunday morning.

Her driver was a pretty odd dude but seems motivated, so I think they’ll do well on the overland trail.

Can’t wait to have Deb out to another event!

:rofl: :beer:

Ditto on JV's comments about the crew of Circle Loverland (inside joke) but Deb was amazing! As for the guy driving the rig....hmm.

Here are a few more comments and pics from the crew of 77Kroozer. As always, we had a blast! Fourth year for Marie and I but first time going down as Pescatarians (not Presbyterians) another IJ. Everyone pitches in and the fish that ShawnLX caught on Saturday was amazing. I'll post a fish pic caught by 3-finger (IJ) and a pic of the trash panda and a eskimo we saw on the ferry ride over. I'll share a pic of the coolest piece of driftwood I've ever seen as well as a picture taken of me shot-gunning beers with fellow Tacoma brethren. Anytime you meet a group of Toyota-nians and they ask if you want to shotguns beers in the first minute after meeting them, you get out, carve a hole in a can, and pop the top.

I can't seem to upload the video of our drive over to PI village but it was deeper than all 3 prior trips over. Marie kept asking and I kept responding, "No honey, it's not very deep this year..." but my nose kept getting bigger and bigger. Damn we had watermarks close to 30" up on the doors and the spray coming over the hood looked like water coming over the bow on a boat. No lie, I showed the video to family over Thanksgiving and they said, "we didn't know you guys brought a boat down there with you?"

Bugs weren't as bad as years prior and I really hated that I missed seeing the drunk jackleg blow his motor in the Tunda. There will be pic from ShawnLX's recovery. Dude, never trust a guy who drives a car WITHOUT A HEATER (IJ) when he tells you to keep going forward.

There was actually a 5th recovery (mine) that took place right outside the cabin. Still not sure what caused the rear wheel to lockup but a special thanks to everyone that helped me free-up the rear brake drum on my Tacoma. Couldn't have done it without the moral support, tools, lights, and the (2) M8x1.5 bolts (thx JV) to push the drum off.

Way too many PBR's and vodka to remember everything but trust me, it truly is the best trip we take with ONSC every year. If you haven't been to PI yet, try and carve out some time on the calendar for next year.

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_E3023.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

Damn it! I regret going again!! Knew I would. Next year my friends, next year.

Wish I had gone too. Pics look great. Next year for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom