Nissan 2017 Nissan Armada/Patrol (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The current model Patrol has an IRS as well. From what I've read, the next Armada is pretty much the current Patrol.

I considered replacing my 04 Xterra with an Armada but from what I have read the reliability of a Nissan SUV declined after 2004.

Too bad because my Xterra has been rock solid and hasn't once had a repair and only one recall for something in the steering which was done when I had it in for maintenance.

The new Armada/Patrol says It uses the Patrol frame and is more Patrol than Armada. What about the suspension? Looks like IFS all around from the stand, why put a Patrol frame and not the suspension? Stupid Nissan of NA.

2017 Nissan Armada full-size SUV debuts on eve of Chicago Auto Show

The armada or 'patrol' as nissan is trying to (mis)name it remains an abomination in any marketing guise. Doesn't matter how nissan tries to con folk into thinking it has any Patrol in it, it remains a POS that makes absolutely no sense in any part of the world except where fuel economy/range is no issue.

The REAL Patrol heritage (until it disappears) remains -> Nissan Patrol Y61 2015 | 4x4, 4WD Off Road Vehicle

cheers,
george.

The Y61 is still the end of the Patrol line (at least it has a chassis and f/r solid axles with decent sized diffs and a decent drive train overall). It's CRD so lots of electronics (too many) just like the new 4.5L toyota V8 TDI. Unfortunately nissan pulled the old 4.2L diesel and went with the 3.0 across the fleet. The 3.0 had quite a checkered past with various mechanical engine issues with the earlier models.

The Armada is just a horror.

The problem with the Y61 (and GQ/GU) is that it is pretty cramped from a height perspective (for carting stuff bush). The 80 series at least had a decent internal height for cargo. At least the Y61 has the f/r solid axles - that's gone from the equivalent toyota lineup... The 7x series is on the chopping block with just a few more years left, no idea what toyota plans to replace it with, maybe a 4wd prius pickup range...

cheers,
george.