Builds 2017 GX 460 (Now 2017 Tundra Build) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

But the LX is double the price. A used one was $60k! I’ll stick with the GX and have money left over for modifications haha

Haha for sure, just saying that the GX is half as comfortable in comparison. That said, as much as we love our LX, we will likely be selling it next year and keeping the GX.

For starters that particular LX has the optional Sport Cladding which is even more obtrusive and lower hanging than the standard LX front plastic. It obviously had an impact on the clearance with the RTI ramp. Secondly, forcing it into High mode had an impact on its travel, if the front end could have cleared the ramp in Neutral mode they likely would have had a very similar score. Stock for stock the Land Cruiser is certainly more off-road ready in terms of clearance and break over.

Haha for sure, just saying that the GX is half as comfortable in comparison. That said, as much as we love our LX, we will likely be selling it next year and keeping the GX.
But if I could afford the LX I probably would have bought it. Or at that price go for a older land cruiser. Either way my dream car has always been a land cruiser and I finally bought one at 30.. even if it’s in Lexus form haha

If I could only have one vehicle I'd certainly pick a 200 over the 150, but the 150 fulfills my off-road needs better and sadly the 200 has to go in order to make room for a few other vehicles we'd like to add in the next year.

Can anyone help me out with the part number for the oil filter wrench? I’m getting a few different parts and want to make sure I order the right one. Thanks!

A search for 64mm Toyota oil filter wrench will net you something that will work

I have a metal one

s_l1600_c03e8b5fe23083a87bd039c4d749dc853d15d693.jpg

Just ordered this Motivx brand with awesome reviews.

Amazon product ASIN B00XTAGHU0

I previously converted to the metal oil filter cap as well.

Oil Filter Metal Cap Retrofit]
PN: 15643-31050 / End Cap Plug
PN: 15620-31060 / Cap Housing
PN: 15620-31040 / Cap Housing without end cap plug

3 years ago it wasn’t known that 040 would work so retrofitted 060. You will see reports and mine included that some service techs (in my case at Lexus dealers by previous owner) overtightened the plastic cap and broke off some of the tabs on the cap head. Some have had to destroy plastic cap on removal it was on so tight. If you always service your vehicle like I do not a big deal but if you take it into dealer just be aware.

I previously converted to the metal oil filter cap as well.

Oil Filter Metal Cap Retrofit]
PN: 15643-31050 / End Cap Plug
PN: 15620-31060 / Cap Housing
PN: 15620-31040 / Cap Housing without end cap plug

3 years ago it wasn’t known that 040 would work so retrofitted 060. You will see reports and mine included that some service techs (in my case at Lexus dealers by previous owner) overtightened the plastic cap and broke off some of the tabs on the cap head. Some have had to destroy plastic cap on removal it was on so tight. If you always service your vehicle like I do not a big deal but if you take it into dealer just be aware.
My vehicles history shows it’s always been serviced at the local Lexus dealership. This will be the first oil change not at the dealership so I hope that it’s not super tight. The drain and fill plugs for front/rear diffs and transfer case were not tight at all so I’m hoping for the best haha

Oil change done! Man what a pain. Skid plate wouldn’t come out all the way, oil filter was on a little tight but a breaker bar worked awesome, 8 quarts came splashing out all over the floor haha.

I’m thinking about running a 0w30 next time because I do tow a small trailer. Anyone running a little thicker oil for hotter months or for towing?

That plastic oil filter cap only needs to be on there at 18 ft-lbs

I just use Amsoil 0W-20 on mine. Lots of good oils out there but it has served me well for 20 years.

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 2.33.00 PM.png

Easy oil filter access on mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom