Builds 2017 GX 460 (Now 2017 Tundra Build) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Remember I told you these things are a money pit..........;)

Good luck with your OEM tire/wheel sale

Have mine..all 5 listed for $300 & no bites...
Haha ya you weren’t kidding. They sold out of the kit in a few days so I had to pre order mine. Won’t be in stock til the 19th so I’m over here “patiently” waiting haha. Can you fit a 33” Spare tire in the stock location?

no 33" spare underneath........I bought a RIGd carrier.......

WkH1FrL.jpg

no prob...

mount the tire in the highest position

they have a 2" receiver built into the carrier

along with an accessory 2" receiver for bikes etc

Mine is the Ultra swing

I'd be 'fraid of that 80# tire/wheel bolted to the rear door......

as the saying goes........

buy once/cry once......;)
Absolutely agree, anything over a stock rim and tire, especially on any washboard roads, and you'll be leaving that tire behind for someone to run over.
Even with a stock tire, I imagine over time the rear door will begin to buckle or tear the sheet metal. Having removed the rear paneling to relocate the backup camera, I just don't see any very sturdy hard points for bolting to that wouldn't eventually fatigue over time.

Absolutely agree, anything over a stock rim and tire, especially on any washboard roads, and you'll be leaving that tire behind for someone to run over.
Even with a stock tire, I imagine over time the rear door will begin to buckle or tear the sheet metal. Having removed the rear paneling to relocate the backup camera, I just don't see any very sturdy hard points for bolting to that wouldn't eventually fatigue over time.

X3 Its a big heavy door, no need to add an extra 80 lbs to it.

I can't bring myself to try the JW setup either.

Ya I agree it does look sketchy. But I’m sure they’ve done enough tests to know it’s safe.

Well my plates came in today. Funny how I ordered wheels and suspension before getting the plates 😂

The RIGd swing away works well......

But $1100........still beats $3K for a full fledged rear bumper w/carrier

I like the idea of full rear bumper.....but this is wife's DD......

Now....when I buy that '06-07 470............:)

Ok who’s got 285/70r17 tires on their GX460? Any rubbing with a 2.5-3” lift? I want 33s but don’t want to trim. Also considering 275/70r17s 32” to avoid any rubbing.

You can usually pick them up locally for $750 for a full set. Nice wheels, loved them on our Pro, just wish they were 1" wider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom