Builds 2017 GX 460 (Now 2017 Tundra Build) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A steady hand with a dremel cutoff wheel and a sanding block makes short work of it.

Do you guys put edging on? I was thinking it might protect the bare edge from getting frazzled if it scrapes on a rock.

I haven't but some do. I likely will when I do the bumper, but I have been running the rear cut for a year now without issues.

Heads up to all the GX owners the Toyota trd rock rails for the trd pro fit the GX nicely with KDSS.

View attachment 2643542
I am installing mine today with the prado skirts. They still require some modification.

One question- what did you do with the KDSS line skid plate on the drivers side?
B01DCAA3-0183-41FC-8787-F8554AD4FE61.jpeg
CF39E4E2-7BE8-4A97-B925-1BB48210466E.jpeg

Here is a pic of that skid plate in place. It needs to be removed to install these sliders. Without the skid the lines are exposed under the frame even with the new sliders in place.

I am installing mine today with the prado skirts. They still require some modification.

One question- what did you do with the KDSS line skid plate on the drivers side?
View attachment 2662126View attachment 2662127
Here is a pic of that skid plate in place. It needs to be removed to install these sliders. Without the skid the lines are exposed under the frame even with the new sliders in place.

Could you get a machine shop to fab you up a low profile skid?

Wife wants my GX because it’s so damn comfortable and give me the 4runner. What do you guys think haha. Get the 4runner and build it up or keep missing the GX?

Build the 4Runner now, build the GX later lol. It's so easy to build a 5th Gen, the aftermarket is very strong.

Wife wants my GX because it’s so damn comfortable and give me the 4runner. What do you guys think haha. Get the 4runner and build it up or keep missing the GX?
Trade the wife and KEEP the GX!

My wife did the same after I got my GX. She likes my '11 GX Base a lot more than her '15 Highlander Limited Platinum. I've been trying to convince her to get a 14+ GX, but she is stubborn, so I guess I'll have to let her drive the GX more often to change her mind.;)

Went through this with the 100 series and ended up with 2. The way the used market is, and the lack of 4Runner depreciation, you could sell her 4Runner, and buy and build a nice GX for her (or you).

My wife did the same after I got my GX. She likes my '11 GX Base a lot more than her '15 Highlander Limited Platinum. I've been trying to convince her to get a 14+ GX, but she is stubborn, so I guess I'll have to let her drive the GX more often to change her mind.;)

It’s so funny I was the reverse. Bought the 470 for HER and I kept making excuses to drive it and loved it so much I said F fast cars and bought my 460.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom