Builds 2017 GX 460 (Now 2017 Tundra Build) (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone do a drain and fill for our transmissions? Is there a how to? Use oem fluid or is there a aftermarket fluid that works?

Thanks

I've done 4 of them on mine. Many here have done it.

Some drain from the line to radiator.

There is a built in temp check mode but far easier to have an OBD reader which shows you actual AT temps because you have to open the fluid level check valve at specific temp to ensure you don't have an over or under fill.

Some info throughout this CL thread

So...

- get fluid to temperature
- drain fluid
- fill fluid until it starts coming out of overflow
- compare quantity of fluid that came out/in

This is what I do.

- Just drain at cold temp
- Refill 1/2 quart over drained amount.
- Run vehicle to 115 degrees
- Remove check valve bolt and drain until fluid goes from a stream to a trickle
- Replace check valve bolt

Done with that drain and fill

Many will say just drain and refill with same amount but you don't know at least on first drain and refill whether accurate or under/over filled

Went up to the cabin for thanksgiving weekend. Took the kids sledding and some hiking. Nice to get out and get some fresh air.

1C8B53C3-DD1D-4AF2-8129-90E4FB8C73CD.jpeg

E9B9BCD9-C36C-49C1-82A9-65E1A85148A5.jpeg

73627A17-66D3-4B5C-A0B4-2A3E955F5086.jpeg

0BDACC03-D3E6-4FAE-85EA-77B8487614F5.jpeg

Anyone know a good spot in the PNW for rock sliders? I don’t want to pay for shipping and would rather support a local company.

Anyone know a good spot in the PNW for rock sliders? I don’t want to pay for shipping and would rather support a local company.

Metal Tech, they are out of Portland. Call them and pay in person to save sales tax and shipping.

The drawback for me on the MT sliders was only three legs to the frame. Demello has four legs and a plate the parallels the entire length of the frame and slider.

Metal Tech, they are out of Portland. Call them and pay in person to save sales tax and shipping.

The drawback for me on the MT sliders was only three legs to the frame. Demello has four legs and a plate the parallels the entire length of the frame and slider.
Thanks will call them tomorrow.

Just ordered Cali Raised ditch light brackets and some amber 2x2 lights!

I ordered their ditch light brackets as well. I'm still not sure if I am going to use them just yet.

Cali raised ditch light brackets will be here Monday and victory 4x4 roof rack should ship next week.. hopefully.

I hate waiting for truck parts haha

I have stopped myself from purchasing things simply because I didn't want to wait months for them to be built lol.

I have stopped myself from purchasing things simply because I didn't want to wait months for them to be built lol.
I told myself the roof rack and ditch lights will be it for a while. Already being lifted with wheels/tires and adding the roof rack and ditch lights will be a nice touch. I want a clean look so no bumpers or sliders for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom