Builds 2017 GX 460 (Now 2017 Tundra Build) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GX470 owner bailed and GX460 owner brought his Tacoma instead haha

68652B5C-09E0-46A2-94F0-260B813A3958.jpeg

61F3C58E-3170-4DE3-A391-A298B7C56C3C.jpeg

8C60580C-CF0D-4C5F-A5CC-A02240763593.jpeg

I like the Tacoma!

My snowmobiles a little bit east of there await their use... still need to install my Camso ATV tracks.. I picked them up on Wednesday.

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 2.38.35 PM.png

IMG_2628.jpg
IMG_2636.jpg
IMG_2634.jpg
3.png

Last edited:
Until you get lockers and/or a winch, invest in some Maxtrax: Amazon product ASIN B01ACMCUI0
For the cost, cheap insurance.
They are not just for getting you unstuck, here are some other uses for them: 10 Ways To Use Maxtrax.
I have Ironman recovery boards but forgot to bring them. I did have my shovel and hitch d ring. I cleared the sand behind the tires and had a Jeep winch me out. Everyone (Jeep, Toyota’s, Range Rover, Lexus) was getting stuck that day. It was too slushy.

Did you give crawl control a try? Buried in sand is often promoted as a use case.

I have some of the Tred Pros but these also work well

Lifetime warranty... can be used with 18 wheelers and also in use by military contracts

Did you give crawl control a try? Buried in sand is often promoted as a use case.

I have some of the Tred Pros but these also work well

Lifetime warranty... can be used with 18 wheelers and also in use by military contracts
No crawl control in mine. I think if I used the shovel and cleared out the sand/snow behind the tires I could have easily backed out. But I did enjoy getting winched out haha

You can always put in Crawl for almost free too

Those latter traction devices fold up into almost nothing if storage space is at a premium

A little OT but at same lake this local auto reviewer got new 2020 LR Defender 100 stuck. I guess the Jeep guys charged him to get out.

I went the route with new switch and MTS module years back

Ironically... same reviewer just released a 460 review at Keechelus Lake... latter part of video

MTS is plug and play... the Crawl Control switch just needs a ZPC that you can do with either a paper clip, wire or use Techstream.

This local shop did a ZPC for a CL/IH8Mud member who installed the crawl switch. He did have to install the switch but really isn't hard. Biggest mistake people make is NOT triggering the Crawl ON/OFF button at the end of the ZPC.

Check out these threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom