Builds 2017 GX 460 (Now 2017 Tundra Build) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtu.be
I just purchased a GX 460 last week. It didn’t come with a owners manual. I need some advise on diff, transfer case and transmission fluid.

Do I need a 75w85 or will a w90 or w140 be fine? I normally ran a thinker fluid in all my off road rigs. I have read that running a regular Dino oil in the diffs is better. Im a big fan of Lucas 85w140 but new to Toyota so not sure if it’s ok to use. Also, why the hell is Toyota’s 75w transfer case fluid so damn expensive? What’s a good option.

Do I need to change the transmission fluid? I hear it’s lift time fluid...

Thanks!

42A87F9B-FF2C-4CB6-894B-5972D3C78D62.jpeg

The X/fer case is simple.....along with rear diff.......front is sorta a PIA.....but not bad

Transmission ? I believe 100K miles is the suggested time

Bought an '11 w/95K on it & no service record on transmission

Took it to my closest Lexus dealer....$260 & they used Valvoline synthetic

Peace of mind for me....along with the gear boxes....

I'm frugal..used Super Tech syn gear oil from Walmart for diffs

Splurged with Ravenol 75-90 syn for the X/fer case...$18/liter

Register your car with Lexus on line....here's a manual for my '11

I’m reading to not use 75w90 in the transfer case. Only 75w should be used. Also, is anyone running a 85w140 weight? Or am I over thinking it and just should stick with a good ol 75w90 synthetic?

Went to Walmart and picked up air filter, cabin filter, oil filter and oil. Now need to pick up some diff fluid and transfer case.

Here's an interesting read about using dino gear oil being better for differentials. I might give the 85w140 lucas a try in the lexus. That's all I ran in my Nissan and what a lot of Tacoma owners use.

The girl in the tent was the MOST expensive mod!
And still is, but I wouldn't trade her for the world!!!!
35 years (married) and counting!!

Here's an interesting read about using dino gear oil being better for differentials. I might give the 85w140 lucas a try in the lexus. That's all I ran in my Nissan and what a lot of Tacoma owners use.

I'm far from a pro.......

synthetic for longer change intervals.....

Just keep it clean with either dino or syn......call it good !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom