2017+ 200 Series Wheels on 2006 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NorCalFJ100

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey mudders, I noticed that I have not seen any wheels from a 2017+ 200 Series on a 100 Series. Mainly the wheels below. Now I know why!

I researched and found that the hub and bolt pattern is the same on a 100 VS 200. I found some take offs from a 2019 LC so I grabbed them. Went to install and they fit on the rear, but not the front. They clear the hub, but the nuts on the flange interfere.

I think these are clean wheels that would look nice on my 100. Was excited this morning when I bought them. Lol.

Has anyone overcome this somehow? Any suggestions?

18-16-18-Toyota-LAND-CRUISER-2017-Wheels-RIMS.jpg

Wheel spacers. You are running into these issues because the hub bore is not totally open on that particular wheel. Getting some spidertrax spacers from slee will fix that. I run the spidertrax 1.25” spacers on my stock 100 wheels and the stance on the truck is infinitely better.

@atnolan94 Thanks for the response! When you say the stance is better, what are you referring to if you don't mind embellishing. Is this the reason you run them on your stock 100 wheels? This truck is all bone stock. Not looking to do much with it other than drive to work...Haha.

Yes, the bore is not open all the way through. Only the back portion which is what clears the hub. I was at America's tire so I am not sure by how much it's off.

I have the same issue with 2019 Tundra wheels I bought on ebay.

Tire shop said to take wheels to machine shop to shave it down.

I mentioned .75 or 1" wheel spacers. He gave me a deep talk about how bad wheel spacers are and the ride quality will deteriorate and wheel spacers will ruin the ride.

I know other peps here use them.

Any one have thoughts?

Not our DD but does get used a bunch.

20191007_175129.jpg

@Maxthrust27 glad I'm not alone!!! It's frustrating because all the specs of the wheels are the same with the exception that the OEM take offs aren't a full bore...ugh! I really want to throw these on. Spacers seem to be the goto, but I've also heard the downside to them. My truck is all stock and currently drives sliky smooth.

But looking at these wheels, I just don't see a way. Was hopeful that someone here would bring something I didn't think of to my attention!!!

@Maxthrust27 what does the back of the wheel bore look like? Mine steps down quite a bit quickly...I'm not sure there's enough material to open the bore up and not come through the face of the wheel.

I have the same issue with 2019 Tundra wheels I bought on ebay.

Tire shop said to take wheels to machine shop to shave it down.

I mentioned .75 or 1" wheel spacers. He gave me a deep talk about how bad wheel spacers are and the ride quality will deteriorate and wheel spacers will ruin the ride.

I know other peps here use them.

Any one have thoughts?

Not our DD but does get used a bunch.

View attachment 2103539

MaxThrust, tons of people run those wheels problem free...the issue with tundra wheels is usually the center caps won’t pop on because our hubs extend out through the bore in the front. That particular wheel has the bore all the way thru so they still bolt up. Just run them without caps or run wheel spacers. For you, there is a big thread that already exists called something like “tundra wheels on 100s” it is probably 20+ pages of people running tundra wheels.

I personally don’t have any issue with high quality hub centric spacers (BORA or Spidertrax). Have run them in many applications problem free. That’s your personal decision to make. I have wheeled mine as hard as (almost) anyone on here with 1.25” spidertrax spacers, and I used to run 1.5” BORA spacers, and have never had an issue to speak of.

I run mine actually to fit my 35s a little better. In addition, I have always felt that the wheel track on the 100 was no narrow for the overall width of the vehicle. The wheels look sucked in pretty significantly making it look bloated and top heavy. The wheel spacers push them out and make the car look much better. Here is a picture of mine. It’s not apples to apples because I run a 315/75r16 tire but generally all LC and Tundra and Sequioa wheels run the same offset so the same principle applies.

For OP your issue is not just that the center caps don’t clear, it’s that the bore doesn’t go all the way thru the wheel, to it is contacting your hub studs. The only solution to this IMO is wheel spacers. And I’d guess you’ll probably need wheel spacers of at least 1.25” so the hub ring on the spacer extends all the way past the end of the hub studs. You could bore the wheel thru but them they’d need to be refinished and wouldn’t look right.

CE4938B4-5760-4F0E-ABD2-6231AD5B6AE1.jpeg

@atnolan94 thanks for the feedback. Makes sense! I guess I'll weigh my options.

I have also been running Bora spacers for the past 2.5 years with no issues what so ever, and over 5years on my old tacoma. Its the old school metal plate spacers that people need to look out for. That kind is used as shims and can be stacked on top of each other, sort of like stacking washers. I've never had the experience to use them, but can't imagine using them and having good results. The Spidertrax and Bora spacers are specifically made to fit our vehicles with precision accuracy. Unless incorrectly installed you should not have any issues with either of those.

@Arnold

Thanks for the info. When Discount tire showed me the wheel on the front hub it fit but barely and they told me to just have a machine shop shave some of the wheel off.

I'd rather just put a spacer on.

1" spacer should be enough in the front.
Should I also do the rear. They fit fine as is.

@ERMB
Thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and get some 1" Bora.

I'd personally do both front and back just for uniformity. Those wheels will look great, I've been wanting to get the same wheels! So once you get them on Ill be jealous, Good luck! !

Hey mudders, I noticed that I have not seen any wheels from a 2017+ 200 Series on a 100 Series. Mainly the wheels below. Now I know why!

I researched and found that the hub and bolt pattern is the same on a 100 VS 200. I found some take offs from a 2019 LC so I grabbed them. Went to install and they fit on the rear, but not the front. They clear the hub, but the nuts on the flange interfere.

I think these are clean wheels that would look nice on my 100. Was excited this morning when I bought them. Lol.

View attachment 2103366
I just bought the same wheels and will be installing with the 1.25 inch spacers.....thanks.

MaxThrust, tons of people run those wheels problem free...the issue with tundra wheels is usually the center caps won’t pop on because our hubs extend out through the bore in the front. That particular wheel has the bore all the way thru so they still bolt up. Just run them without caps or run wheel spacers. For you, there is a big thread that already exists called something like “tundra wheels on 100s” it is probably 20+ pages of people running tundra wheels.

I personally don’t have any issue with high quality hub centric spacers (BORA or Spidertrax). Have run them in many applications problem free. That’s your personal decision to make. I have wheeled mine as hard as (almost) anyone on here with 1.25” spidertrax spacers, and I used to run 1.5” BORA spacers, and have never had an issue to speak of.

I run mine actually to fit my 35s a little better. In addition, I have always felt that the wheel track on the 100 was no narrow for the overall width of the vehicle. The wheels look sucked in pretty significantly making it look bloated and top heavy. The wheel spacers push them out and make the car look much better. Here is a picture of mine. It’s not apples to apples because I run a 315/75r16 tire but generally all LC and Tundra and Sequioa wheels run the same offset so the same principle applies.

For OP your issue is not just that the center caps don’t clear, it’s that the bore doesn’t go all the way thru the wheel, to it is contacting your hub studs. The only solution to this IMO is wheel spacers. And I’d guess you’ll probably need wheel spacers of at least 1.25” so the hub ring on the spacer extends all the way past the end of the hub studs. You could bore the wheel thru but them they’d need to be refinished and wouldn’t look right.

View attachment 2103633
Truck looks sick and capable!!!
What wheel spacers would you recommend? I bought 2019 LC wheels and have the same issue, need spacers. Are spacers specific to the front and rear of my 2003 LX470? thanks a ton.

Truck looks sick and capable!!!
What wheel spacers would you recommend? I bought 2019 LC wheels and have the same issue, need spacers. Are spacers specific to the front and rear of my 2003 LX470? thanks a ton.
Ha wow my cruiser looks completely different now. Changed both bumpers and bedlined it.

As for spacers test front and rear are different, the fronts are notched to clear the drive flange. 1.25” is ideal, but some also run 1”. You need to buy either Spidertrax or Bora. Tons of info on this forum just search.

B9030C29-C16D-43E4-B017-00564C5779F7.jpeg

3CF9D635-8CCC-4217-A041-87908EE8A775.jpeg

Ha wow my cruiser looks completely different now. Changed both bumpers and bedlined it.

As for spacers test front and rear are different, the fronts are notched to clear the drive flange. 1.25” is ideal, but some also run 1”. You need to buy either Spidertrax or Bora. Tons of info on this forum just search.

View attachment 2592916

View attachment 2592917
Amazing the extra rear clearance when you move the spare above the bumper. Beast.

View attachment 2592916

View attachment 2592917
Thnaks for the feedback.

View attachment 2103366
I'm thinking I may mount the same rims on my 1999 100. Did you ever get them mounted? Any pics? Are you happy? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom