2016 Warnings Popped Up: LDA/Headlight/Pre-collision/Check Engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was driving down a short road, couldn't have been going more than 25, when I felt like the engine downshifted real hard and these warning alerts came up, saying to visit dealer. Anyone seen anything like this?

LDA Malfunction visit dealer
Pre-collision System Malfunction visit dealer
Headlight system malfunction visit dealer
Check Engine visit dealer

Did some battery cleanup and tested voltage to make sure that wasn't the issue and it looks good there. Thank you for the idea, that seemed like similar symptoms. No effect on issue, though, so I pulled codes

P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit (PRNDL Input)

Did some battery cleanup and tested voltage to make sure that wasn't the issue and it looks good there. Thank you for the idea, that seemed like similar symptoms. No effect on issue, though, so I pulled codes

P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit (PRNDL Input)
Bummer to have that failure on a ‘16. Should be covered under warranty.

Bummer. Anything of note happen recently with the truck. Do any off-road driving?

I have a 2017 with about 14,000 miles and had the exact same warning lights. Mine also occurred at approx 25-30 mph, I was towing a trailer at the time. Dealer reset it and did a steering re-center calibration under warranty. This was a month ago. Since the reset I did a 2,000 mile vacation towing and it has not re-appeared.

Toyota tech is saying they found a short at the circuit, so they kept moving back all the way until replacing wires/switches fixed the issue, which took them all the way back to the driver side heater switch that's inside the seat. They're replacing the switch, which they quoted at about $500 for part + install.

Bummer. Anything of note happen recently with the truck. Do any off-road driving?

Nothing other than flat dirt roads and a few logging trails with mulched trees. I'm wondering if this is related to Kurt's recent issue he reported where they saw the seat heater go crazy after crossing ~tire-depth water. I have crossed water at that depth several times as hurricanes flew through Louisiana, but nothing recently. Wondering if there was an issue with the switch and it took this long to show up somewhere visible.

Nothing other than flat dirt roads and a few logging trails with mulched trees. I'm wondering if this is related to Kurt's recent issue he reported where they saw the seat heater go crazy after crossing ~tire-depth water. I have crossed water at that depth several times as hurricanes flew through Louisiana, but nothing recently. Wondering if there was an issue with the switch and it took this long to show up somewhere visible.

Sounds like a reasonable hypothesis. Another would be the fact that there's a lot going on with our seats and some of the harnesses are in awkward positions. Loose items under the seat, seat covers, etc. could stress those wires to a point of damage. Do you know where in the seat there was a short? I have some concerns about the fasteners for my Escape Gear seat covers as they overlap some connections with small gauge (22-24 awg) wiring.

Sounds like a reasonable hypothesis. Another would be the fact that there's a lot going on with our seats and some of the harnesses are in awkward positions. Loose items under the seat, seat covers, etc. could stress those wires to a point of damage. Do you know where in the seat there was a short? I have some concerns about the fasteners for my Escape Gear seat covers as they overlap some connections with small gauge (22-24 awg) wiring.
I'm gonna have to get the part number and more info from them next time I talk to them. The only seat heater switch I could find is 84752-60120 which is on the dash under the wireless phone charger. Maybe the guy on the phone was confused and it's not in the seat at all.

They did end up replacing the control switch in the seat. Tech said it was corroded, probably due to a spilled drink. Be careful with your liquids in the seat! :)

I have a 2017 with about 14,000 miles and had the exact same warning lights. Mine also occurred at approx 25-30 mph, I was towing a trailer at the time. Dealer reset it and did a steering re-center calibration under warranty. This was a month ago. Since the reset I did a 2,000 mile vacation towing and it has not re-appeared.
I have the exact same issue yesterday and I created a new thread for it. Hopefully, the fix for my car is as simple as yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom